Super Earth in far reaches of the solar system?

Old July 27th 14, 05:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default Super Earth in far reaches of the solar system?

"Brad Guth" wrote in message

snip GuthBallian drivel

You are an attention whore, using technical phrases to draw
attention to yourself rather than contributing useful information.

How is 2e37 kg in the form of a nearby stellar birthing nebula as of
only 256 million years ago, not perfectly science worthy?

*** And how again do you know that it is 2e37kg and not 2e36 or 2e38kg
and how again do you measure that mass ??? I know ... it's called the
"Pull it out of your Ass" method of GuthBalliam make-believe word
salads.
I would also think that when measuring something as immense as a
nebula, one would use tons, rather than kg as a measuring media.
But I forgot ... you patch leaky boats for a living ...

Old July 27th 14, 06:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 9:35:14 AM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
"Brad Guth" wrote in message

snip GuthBallian drivel

You are an attention whore, using technical phrases to draw

attention to yourself rather than contributing useful information.

How is 2e37 kg in the form of a nearby stellar birthing nebula as of

only 256 million years ago, not perfectly science worthy?

*** And how again do you know that it is 2e37kg and not 2e36 or 2e38kg

and how again do you measure that mass ??? I know ... it's called the

"Pull it out of your Ass" method of GuthBalliam make-believe word

salads.

I would also think that when measuring something as immense as a

nebula, one would use tons, rather than kg as a measuring media.

But I forgot ... you patch leaky boats for a living ...

Going by the accepted research and astrophysics as understood by many others, I've interpreted that the progenitor of those two or three Sirius stars had a combined mass of at least 2e31 kg and otherwise perhaps a maximum of 3e31 kg (depending on how massive Sirius C was to begin with as of roughly 256 million years ago). That third star could have been tossed and/or having been consumed by another star.

Other mainstream accepted expertise will suggest an average ratio of 1e6:1 in order for a given nebula to produce such stars. Some have even suggested 1e7:1, and a few have suggested 1e5:1 as being sufficient. Of any less than 1e5:1 would require a preexisting gravity seed, as captured by the nebula gravity barycenter, of which seems unlikely.

Old July 27th 14, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 7/27/2014 12:06 PM, Dean Markley wrote:

The barycenter of something massive is still in charge of those distant planetoids like Sedna. What's your best swag?

Because you do NOT use science. You use repeated pet phrases and speculation as a substitute for careful study and research, not to mention education.

You are an attention whore, using technical phrases to draw attention to yourself rather than contributing useful information.

Obviously Goth grew up without a father. He turned bat**** crazy and dad
put those Hush Puppies into high gear and gtfo

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFobnv93AMM
Old July 27th 14, 09:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:24:33 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Discovery of a new dwarf planet gives hints that a Super Earth sized planet may exist far beyond Sedna!

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/new...ry?id=23072674

Double-A

Oddly they can tell us the mass of an exoplanet 300 light years away, but we still have no good idea as to the mass and density of Sedna that's currently of less than 90 AU (.001423 ly) from us.

Some have estimated Sedna as worth 1e21 kg, while others have its mass as low as 8.3e20 kg or as much as 3e21 kg.
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/sedna/
http://www.human-resonance.org/sedna.html
http://www.calctool.org/CALC/phys/as...scape_velocity

An escape velocity of only 30 mm/sec at 950 AU seems to suggest that something besides the known solar system mass has been keeping Sedna with us.
Old July 27th 14, 09:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:21:50 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 4:24:33 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

Discovery of a new dwarf planet gives hints that a Super Earth sized planet may exist far beyond Sedna!

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/new...ry?id=23072674

Double-A

Oddly they can tell us the mass of an exoplanet 300 light years away, but we still have no good idea as to the mass and density of Sedna that's currently of less than 90 AU (.001423 ly) from us.

Some have estimated Sedna as worth 1e21 kg, while others have its mass as low as 8.3e20 kg or as much as 3e21 kg.

http://www.astro.umd.edu/~ssm/sedna/

http://www.human-resonance.org/sedna.html

http://www.calctool.org/CALC/phys/as...scape_velocity

An escape velocity of only 30 mm/sec at 950 AU seems to suggest that something besides the known solar system mass has been keeping Sedna with us.

Yes, the Sun's dark companion star!

Double-A

Old July 27th 14, 09:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:50:56 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

? antimatter star ?

Can a star of positrons be visible?
Old July 27th 14, 10:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:56:34 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
[...]

The light and other radiation from a antimatter star should be visible. I thought the light might be "left-handed", but I was assured by a real physicist that it would be the same. But he insisted that there would be a bright annihilation zone between where solar wind was colliding with the antimatter stellar wind.

Double-A

Old July 27th 14, 11:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 2:27:56 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:56:34 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

Can a star of positrons be visible?

The light and other radiation from a antimatter star should be visible. I thought the light might be "left-handed", but I was assured by a real physicist that it would be the same. But he insisted that there would be a bright annihilation zone between where solar wind was colliding with the antimatter stellar wind.

Double-A

So, what makes a binary star of our solar system invisible?

Possibly a little neutron star would be nearly as invisible as a black hole..

How bright would a brown dwarf of mostly helium be?

Does light even reflect off liquid helium?

Old July 27th 14, 11:33 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 3:11:51 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
On Sunday, July 27, 2014 2:27:56 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 1:56:34 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

Can a star of positrons be visible?

The light and other radiation from a antimatter star should be visible. I thought the light might be "left-handed", but I was assured by a real physicist that it would be the same. But he insisted that there would be a bright annihilation zone between where solar wind was colliding with the antimatter stellar wind.

Double-A

So, what makes a binary star of our solar system invisible?

Too dim.

Possibly a little neutron star would be nearly as invisible as a black hole.

I would think so, so long as it's not a pulsar.

How bright would a brown dwarf of mostly helium be?

We should be able to eventually detect it with infrared astronomy.

Does light even reflect off liquid helium?

Sure.

Double-A

Old July 28th 14, 12:24 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 3:33:59 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, July 27, 2014 3:11:51 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:

Does light even reflect off liquid helium?

Sure.

Double-A

What's the albedo of liquid helium? (can't be all that much)

Wouldn't photons be absorbed and slow way the hell down before exiting at some other frequency?