Tasco Luminova Scope.

Old March 8th 06, 01:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Tasco Luminova Scope.

I have a Tasco Luminova 40114675

114mm F/8

With 1.25" eyepieces. The eyepieces i have are factory supplied with the
scope, 4mm, 12.5mm and 20mm. I hear that these can be greatly improved upon.

Would these be much better? : -

http://www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page...F02&action=lnk

Thanks for any help, matalog.

Old March 8th 06, 09:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

I am not that experienced with telescopes, and I do not know the quality of
your scope. Looking up the specs of your reflector, it would say maximum
useable magnification is around 220x, not 675x. (based on 50x per 25mm lens
size)

I also have no idea about Revelation eyepieces, which appears to be the
housebrand of Telescopehouse. They could be great or bad, I don't know.

You seem to be unhappy about your eyepieces, since you are looking at
getting new ones. Your discomfort could be caused by your eyepieces, or the
telescope itself.

Rather than buy the whole set of things that cost around 100 pounds, and
find out the problem you are having is the optics of your scope, I would do
the following:

Buy an eyepiece, something around 23mm (40x), and a nice 2x doubler. I
assume this would cost a total of around 20 pounds sterling. (Forgive me if
my calculation are wrong, I am inexperienced with English Pounds Sterling.
I am using ratio of 2 dollars to 1 pound sterling.)

These will give you decent views of deep space things. If you find a great
improvement over your present lenses, then add lenses to you supplies. If
the new lenses do not really improve things, that the problem maybe with the
limitations of your optics. That is for you to decide. It is a personal
thing. The reason I mention this is that 100 pounds would go a long way to
getting a different telescope if you decide you are unhappy with the present
one. There is no one perfect scope for everyone, just the scope we enjoy
using.

If you have any questions, drop the "spam" out of my address.

Clear skies.

Fred Scharmann
Avon, Ohio USA

Old March 9th 06, 02:01 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Matalog" wrote in message
I have a Tasco Luminova 40114675

114mm F/8

With 1.25" eyepieces. The eyepieces i have are factory supplied with the
scope, 4mm, 12.5mm and 20mm. I hear that these can be greatly improved
upon.

Would these be much better? : -

http://www.telescopehouse.co.uk/page...F02&action=lnk

Thanks for any help, matalog.

If you can afford a set do it. Trash the ones that came with the scope. They
are junk. Get rid of the barlow too.
The actual quality of the scope is pretty good for a retail buy.

Old March 9th 06, 03:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Mike Thomas wrote:

The actual quality of the scope is pretty good for a retail buy.

Where do you get your telescopes?
Old March 9th 06, 04:41 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
. com...
Mike Thomas wrote:

The actual quality of the scope is pretty good for a retail buy.

Where do you get your telescopes?

I don't generally get telescopes. My father was given this one as a present
and I have been given it. I thought I heard someone say that new eyepieces
make it quite a good scope.

Newbie question adm UK Astronomy 10 February 26th 05 10:38 PM
Help with a Unitron 3 inch scope Black-Hole Amateur Astronomy 3 December 24th 04 03:30 AM
LX90 First Light (longish) Andrew Cockburn UK Astronomy 46 May 1st 04 11:36 AM
Titan Martin R. Howell Amateur Astronomy 2 March 9th 04 09:44 PM
SMALL SCOPE + NICE BACKYARD = ENJOYABLE NIGHT! David Knisely Amateur Astronomy 2 October 27th 03 09:55 AM