The Day of Winter Solstice (2005)

Old January 6th 06, 07:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default The Day of Winter Solstice (2005)

Hi all,

I hope You will appreciate the picture at link in signature
taken out from a mosaic of 3 images of sun sequence, made during the winter
day solstice (2005).

The image is the mosaic of three single shots taken with a Fuji Velvia 50
ISO film, with an only camera.
The choose to take three shots was dictated by to cover the entire daily Sun
pat from the dawn to the sunset. The shots were finally stitched in a
panoramic view with a normal image processing program.

The landscape is the Tyrrhenian Sea cost of Italy, from "Fiumicino" to
"Santa Severa" cities, with the sun that rise just back the city of Rome,
that it is hardly visible on the left side of the picture.

Best regards

Danilo Pivato
E-mail:
Web :
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/danilo_pivato

Old January 8th 06, 09:10 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Danilo Pivato wrote:
Hi all,
I hope You will appreciate the picture . . . The image is the mosaic of three single
shots taken with a Fuji Velvia 50 ISO film, with an only camera.
The choose to take three shots was dictated by to cover the entire daily Sun
pat from the dawn to the sunset. . . . The landscape is the Tyrrhenian Sea
cost of Italy, from "Fiumicino" to "Santa Severa" cities, . . .

Wonderful shot and a beautiful country, Danilo. Wish I was there.
Well done. Thanks for posting it. - Canopus56

Old January 8th 06, 09:33 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Danilo Pivato wrote:
Hi all, I hope You will appreciate the picture . . . made during the winter
day solstice (2005). . . . . The landscape is the Tyrrhenian Sea cost of Italy,
from "Fiumicino" to "Santa Severa" cities, with the sun that rise just back
the city of Rome, that it is hardly visible on the left side of the picture.

Beautiful country; wonderfully done. Wish I was there. Thanks for
posting it. - Canopus56