35mm film?

Old July 15th 03, 05:37 PM
William R. Mattil

Default 35mm film?

In article ,
Del Johnson wrote:

Still Top Posting and not deleting unnecessary text I see :^)

The slower Fuji films work just fine. Their "4th layer technology" was only
applied to the faster speed films.

Your point is noted. And yes, it (defined below) does work.... The common
consensus among the film crowd is that it isn't a great film except on brighter
objects. It *can* be improved however by hypering but I made the assumption
that hypering wasn't really an option. The Fuji Color Print Film that I
*think* you are speaking of (difficult to ascertain since you didn't provide
enough data) would be Fuji Superia SHQ-100. Also found labelled as
Superia HQ-100. This is a reasonable film as I stated above but needs hypering.
But in straight up tests that I have done Kodak Supra 400 and the older
Royal Gold series, both 100 and 400 ASA version are better. More so on
fainter objects. What is nice about the SHQ-100 is that it is available in
12 exposure rolls at Wolf Camera. Handy for those not wanting to split
rolls of film up.

Superfluous text removed to conserve bandwidth :^)

Bill
--

William R. Mattil | Statisticians define a lottery as a tax
Sr. System Aministrator | on not understanding mathematics
Old July 15th 03, 05:41 PM
William R. Mattil

In article ,
Herm wrote:
Yes, use a Hutech Idas filter.. very effective in light pollution, nice
color rendition and almost no increase in exposure time. BTW, dont use it
for visual, it hardly has an effect used visually.

Much better color rendition than the Lumicon filter..The IDAS can also be
used in dark skies, there it renders images that do not require computer
image processing... excellent results if you just want to print the stuff
at the local 1hr photo store.

Herm, thanks for adding to this thread ! I heartilly concur in regards to
the Lumicon Filter. It tends to mess up the color balance on broad-band
objects taken with long exposures. Gives them a definite purplish cast.
other Deep-Sky objects, Nebulae may not show this as readily.

Best Regards

Bill
--

William R. Mattil | If Con is the opposite of Pro .... Then
Sr. System Aministrator | is Congress the opposite of Progress ? -
Old July 15th 03, 05:45 PM
Glenn Mulno

I'm not looking to stop the postings to this thread but I did want to take a
moment to thank all those that had responded.

Glenn

"Glenn Mulno" wrote in message
Hi All,

Just curious what people use for 35mm film (for those that still use a
manual camera and not CCD)? Do you use different films for different
purposes (i.e. maybe one film for the moon and one for deep sky)?

Thanks,

Glenn