Last ATV is next one?

Old May 15th 14, 11:28 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Last ATV is next one?

Seems strange that the ATV flights are to stop after the next one, at least
if I read the press releases correctly.
Brian

Email:

Old May 16th 14, 06:07 PM posted to sci.space.station
David Spain[_4_]

On Friday, May 16, 2014 7:34:12 AM UTC-4, Jeff Findley wrote:

No bucks, no Buck Rogers. ATV is quite expensive to produce, but it

does make one wonder that ESA's contribution to ISS will be going

forward.

Jeff

--

Computer simulations and code for de-orbiting ISS?

Dave
Old May 17th 14, 08:50 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff[_2_]

Well they are going to have to think of that, as I don't think an
uncontrolled return would be very safe, considering the size. Seems a shame
though that nobody is thinking about the next steps. Maybe the moon or an
Asteroid will be the next base, who knows.
I do think we need to press on as a planet though, as we are barely
crawling and if the human race wants to outlive the solar system as it is,
there is a very long road ahead.The fact that no aliens have arrived sort of
tends to point to the fact that many civilisations die before they achieve
any kind of intergalactic travel, assuming its actually possible in the
universe we live within of course.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active