Fwd: Smart 1 may have photographed Apollo LEM.

Old September 4th 06, 05:06 PM posted to sci.space.history
Gareth Slee

Default Fwd: Smart 1 may have photographed Apollo LEM.

Old September 5th 06, 03:05 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pleonic

Default Smart 1 may have photographed Apollo LEM.

According to an article last year
(http://www.space.com/missionlaunches...oon_snoop.html) they had
already photographed the landing sites of Apollo 11, 16, 17, along with
a few Soviet probes. As far as I can tell the ESA hasn't released any
of the pictures yet, more than a year later.

There are a few photos of LM's in situ, taken by the CM Pilots. I
remember seeing one recently showing Apollo 15's Falcon. You mostly
see a long shadow streaming off from a white blob, but it's still
facinating to see simply because of what it is.

Pleonic
www.AFewParagraphs.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If everybody's somebody, then no one's anybody!"

Old September 5th 06, 11:01 PM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

"Pleonic" wrote in message
oups.com...
According to an article last year
(http://www.space.com/missionlaunches...oon_snoop.html) they had
already photographed the landing sites of Apollo 11, 16, 17, along with
a few Soviet probes. As far as I can tell the ESA hasn't released any
of the pictures yet, more than a year later.

Yeah, but did they do the magic photogrammetry? If not, why not? See,
*they're hiding something*!

Bbo Hallre

Old September 6th 06, 02:44 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pleonic

My theory is the ESA is being pressured by NASA not to reveal the fact
that all the landing sites are empty. Luckily they've engaged Tom
Hanks in a top-secret deal to produce realistic-looking fake Smart 1
pictures of LM decent stages and ALSEP packages that can be released
instead. He's probably working on them in the New Mexico desert right
now!

Pleonic
www.AFewParagraphs.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If everybody's somebody, then no one's anybody!"

Scott Hedrick wrote:
oups.com...

Old September 6th 06, 02:57 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On 6 Sep 2006 06:44:10 -0700, "Pleonic" wrote:

My theory is the ESA is being pressured by NASA not to reveal the fact
that all the landing sites are empty.

....My theory has two components:

1) You're either being humorous.

....Or:

2) You're obviously on the wrong newsgroup to be experimenting with
combining the aerosols from Whip-Its and Krylon #1 Black in the same
bag.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old September 6th 06, 09:26 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jonathan Silverlight[_1_]

In message .com,
Pleonic writes

[...]

Even if SMART-1 didn't see them, one of the upcoming missions such as
Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter should be able to.
Is there any prospect of imaging the Surveyor 4 landing site? Might be
interesting to see if it got down in one piece,
Old September 7th 06, 10:51 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pleonic

I'd love to tell you which it is, but some mysterious men in black
suits from an unamed government entity told me not to.

Pleonic
www.AFewParagraphs.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old September 8th 06, 01:27 PM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On 7 Sep 2006 14:51:58 -0700, "Pleonic" wrote:

I'd love to tell you which it is, but some mysterious men in black
suits from an unamed government entity told me not to.

....Riiight. It's not the Krylon #1 Black, but the #11 Silver, then.

OM
--
]=====================================[
Old September 8th 06, 11:52 PM posted to sci.space.history
Henry Spencer

In article ,
Jonathan Silverlight wrote:
Even if SMART-1 didn't see them, one of the upcoming missions such as
Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter should be able to.
Is there any prospect of imaging the Surveyor 4 landing site? Might be
interesting to see if it got down in one piece,

I suspect the big problem there will be that its exact position (assuming
that's a single-valued function :-)) is not known very accurately.
Old September 9th 06, 07:49 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pleonic

I'd be interested to see the craters and debris fields made by the
S-IVB's and LM Ascent Stages. Probably a vain hope for now though, to
judge by Smart 1's photo of the Apollo 11 and Surveyor 5 landing sites
(http://sci.esa.int/science-e-media/img/2c/apollo11.jpg).

Pleonic
www.AFewParagraphs.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If everybody's somebody, then no one's anybody!"

Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

Even if SMART-1 didn't see them, one of the upcoming missions such as
Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter should be able to.
Is there any prospect of imaging the Surveyor 4 landing site? Might be
interesting to see if it got down in one piece,

Mauro Frau: maurofrau dvd about apollo 14 burt UK Astronomy 2 August 20th 06 11:30 PM
Meteorite Collision Warhol Misc 71 July 11th 06 04:55 AM
NASA NTRS Server - Apollo Documents available Rusty History 2 December 17th 04 09:33 AM
Apollo Mission designators Scott J History 105 September 24th 04 12:02 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones Astronomy Misc 5 July 29th 04 06:14 AM