Performance of Meade (GPS) 14" OTA?

Old November 14th 04, 03:17 AM
W. Watson

Default Performance of Meade (GPS) 14" OTA?

Anyone using the new (GPS) Meade 14" OTA? If so, how do you like the zero-image shift
focusing, and mirror lock performance? How does the OTA perform with CCD imaging?
Does it help you with Tpoint?
(Formerly Homo habilis, erectus, heidelbergensis and now sapiens)

"The only title in our democracy superior to that of President
is the title of citizen." -- Louis D. Brandeis

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Old November 16th 04, 03:23 AM
Duke

Hi Wayne, No one seems to be jumping in to answer your questions so I will
give it a go.
I don't have the 14" but these days with computer figuring and automated
optics production, most of the Meade or Celestron OTA's are quite good.
I have the LX200GPS 8" and a friend has the 12" and we are both quite
satisfied with the features and performance. The mirror lock does what it
says and the zero-image shift focuser is smooth, accurate does it's job. My
friend does a lot of CCD imaging with his 12" GPS and gets some very good
results. You can see many samples at his website, www.waid-observatory.com
Good Luck!
George D
"W. Watson" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Anyone using the new (GPS) Meade 14" OTA? If so, how do you like the

zero-image shift
focusing, and mirror lock performance? How does the OTA perform with CCD

imaging?
Does it help you with Tpoint?
(Formerly Homo habilis, erectus, heidelbergensis and now

sapiens)

"The only title in our democracy superior to that of

President
is the title of citizen." -- Louis D. Brandeis

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Performance of Meade (GPS) 14" OTA? W. Watson Amateur Astronomy 0 November 14th 04 03:18 AM
Scrapping Scram sanman Policy 28 November 7th 04 06:24 PM
New Meade Series 5000 Eyepieces - Taking a run at Televue Craig Levine Amateur Astronomy 9 October 14th 04 08:33 PM
RTGUI Rel. 4 - New Features for Celestron & Meade Scopes Robert Sheaffer Astronomy Misc 0 March 1st 04 07:13 PM
In praise of Meade Starstuffed Amateur Astronomy 24 October 4th 03 08:20 PM