[semi-ADV] beta test: PleiadAtlas v2.1b6

Old January 27th 04, 07:10 PM
Brian Tung

Default [semi-ADV] beta test: PleiadAtlas v2.1b6

I've had some reports of success with this on the PalmAstro mailing list,
so I'm announcing it here. I'm looking for beta-testers to try out
PleiadAtlas v2.1b6, downloadable he

http://astro.isi.edu/pleiadatlas/debug/

You do not have to be a registered user of PleiadAtlas to test it; the
only difference is that you'll get a registration splash screen if you
haven't registered it.

There are two new features:

1. Zoom screen at 20x (200 pixels to the degree, or about 18" per
pixel), with databases containing about 1.4 million stars down
to magnitude 11.5.

2. Databases are now bundled to run off SD/MMC cards. You still
need to have 5.3 megabytes of free RAM to run the complete
application (correspondingly less if you don't include all the
big databases), but now you can run other stuff off the card
as well without PleiadAtlas chewing up all that space.

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt
Old January 27th 04, 07:11 PM
Brian Tung

I (Brian Tung) wrote:
I've had some reports of success with this on the PalmAstro mailing list,
so I'm announcing it here.

Send any comments, questions, suggestions, etc. to the e-mail address in
my .sig below. (My previous post had a reply-to address that won't work.)