JFK's greatest achievements/Apollo (Was: Deep Apologies to everyone....)

Old February 12th 09, 11:31 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default JFK's greatest achievements/Apollo (Was: Deep Apologies to everyone....)

Hi there wrote:
...Most HD platters are typically made using either an aluminium alloy
or high-density glass to form a ceramic substrate. A thin coating is
deposited on both sides of the substrate using a vacuum deposition
process called magnetron sputtering. Then a protective carbon-based
overcoat is then deposited using the same sputtering process, and then
followed by a nanometer thin polymeric lubricant layer. The disk is
buffed by various processes to eliminate small defects and produce an
extreme level smoothness, durability, and perfection of finish to
allow the drive heads to fly as close to the surface as possible
without suffering head crash.

Well, you've finally done it...you've become so annoying with your
constant shifting of identities to get out of my and other people's
killfiles that I've decided to just quit this newsgroup rather than
having to deal with you any more.
Bye, everyone.

Pat
Old February 12th 09, 11:59 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
The Big DP

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...

Hi there wrote:
[...]

Great....just great. You happy now?

Old February 13th 09, 01:46 AM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
Kerryn Offord[_2_]

jay walsh wrote:
Jeffrey Hamilton wrote:

One more question if you have a bit of time, what does the 45 or 50
figure mean in these instances 16"/50 or 16"/45. I do see that it
refers to a 50-caliber barrel, but a 45 or 50 caliber is usually
refering to a small arms or a machine gun etc. I've never understood
what that signifies.

cheers....Jeff

The caliber of a naval gun refers to the ratio of the length of the
barrel vs the size of the bore. 16"/50 means the length of the barrel
is 50 time the diameter of the bore or 16" X 50 = 800" or 66.67'. 16"/45
only has barrel that is 60' long.

Jay

The caliber of a naval gun is it's bore diameter..
50-caliber should be read as "50-calibers" -- barrel is 50 times the
caliber of the weapon

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/caliber
cal·i·ber (kl-br)
n.
Old February 13th 09, 04:00 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"OM" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 15:59:15 -0800, "The Big DP"
wrote:

Great....just great. You happy now?

...No, not really. But then again, considering what I *have*
contributed over the years, I don't deserve to be in *any* killfile.

I think many would beg to differ on both accounts OM.

Ask around, most folks will say that your biggest contribution is abuse,
rudeness and the like.

Whether that's objectively true, I'll bet that's the impression you've left
behind.

Call it egotistical if you want,

Oh I do. You've got one of the biggest egos in the newsgroups.

but I don't take ostracization -
especially unwarranted - lightly. Especially around here. I deserve
*and* have earned a lot more respect, and I'll be fracked if I won't
get it.

Earned? Given how little respect you give others, I think it's hilarious to
hear you talk about earning respect.

...And besides, I only answered Pat's question in an attempt to help
him out. The alias change was necessary, but I honestly don't
understand why he's stomping off like I've cut his ball sack open or
something like that.

Necessary why? How? To get past his filters? Rightly or wrongly he's
filtered you. He doesn't care to hear from you.

So, congratulations, you've succeeded in driving off yet another regular
poster.

Hopefully he'll reconsider, but take this as evidence of what I and others
have been telling you. Your attitude is hurting the group as much if not
more than it's helping it.

You're destroying the village in order to save it.

OM

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old February 13th 09, 04:01 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
Jack Linthicum

wrote:

[...]

He doesn't mind shooting from the hip either, no facts just blast.
I'll bet he has scars all down his right leg.
Old February 13th 09, 05:25 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote:
:
:So, congratulations, you've succeeded in driving off yet another regular
oster.
:
:Hopefully he'll reconsider, but take this as evidence of what I and others
:have been telling you. Your attitude is hurting the group as much if not
:more than it's helping it.
:
:You're destroying the village in order to save it.
:

Yep. The wannabe netkhops are at least as big a problem as the loons
and trolls. Perhaps more so, since they have such self-righteousness
on their side that they will do things that most Usenet parasites
wouldn't even stoop to. But because their motives are pure, netkhops
think that ANYTHING they do is justified.

--
"Before you embark on a journey of revenge dig two graves."
-- Confucius
Old February 13th 09, 05:42 PM posted to sci.space.history
Derek Lyons

"Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Great....just great. You happy now?

...No, not really. But then again, considering what I *have*
contributed over the years, I don't deserve to be in *any* killfile.

I think many would beg to differ on both accounts OM.

Ask around, most folks will say that your biggest contribution is abuse,
rudeness and the like.

Guys, watch your newsgroups, let's keep ssh's dirty laundry in ssh...

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old February 13th 09, 11:17 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
The Big DP

wrote:

Great....just great. You happy now?

...No, not really. But then again, considering what I *have*
contributed over the years, I don't deserve to be in *any* killfile.
Call it egotistical if you want, but I don't take ostracization -
especially unwarranted - lightly. Especially around here. I deserve
*and* have earned a lot more respect, and I'll be fracked if I won't
get it.

Ok....I have been sitting on this for more than a day trying to figure out
how to reply to this without getting my undies in an uproar. But, you know
what....I can't do it. I am going to make a leap here and say something I
can't quite believe I would ever say to or about anyone in the newgroups.
The above statement is quite similar to Rob Arndt stating in
Rec.Aviation.Military saying that he 'owned' the group and that he wouldn't
allow anyone else to 'take over' the group. Jeezus!

I've been critical before of your alter egos...and I don't care if they're
you or not....if it isn't you they're very good imitations of your tired
act. Egotistical, you say? That doesn't begin to describe you...petulant and
immature AND autocratic (in a virtual way). Are you short, too? That would
certainly explain some things. If you act like a jerk and use the words you
use against the people you don't like such as wishing they would die,
revealing their addresses and all the other **** you do.....how DARE you act
like that? That's right....who died and made you regent?

I've also said that you are alright when you're just being another good
group member. You certainly have great knowledge and fantastic trivia, but
I've come so close to plonking you as well as the stupid non grata personae
that I would miss all that. That would be too bad, but the stink is getting
closer and closer to being intolerable.

...And besides, I only answered Pat's question in an attempt to help
him out. The alias change was necessary, but I honestly don't
understand why he's stomping off like I've cut his ball sack open or
something like that.

If someone truly doesn't want to hear from you and has made an effort to
nail ALL you aliases and you still manage to STALK them, yes STALK them,
because you just HAVE to show them or tell them something then you are
indeed a sad and lonely individual who will go to any lengths to get his own
way.

So congratulation, Bob, you managed to chase off a guy who contributed at
least as much as you do, is much more pleasant and rarely has mean spirited
things to say. Unlike you.....completely unlike you.

Yeah, this will probably get me plonked but as you may have guessed I am not
concerned at all. Will I plonk you? I doubt it.....I wanna see what sort of
rationale you use to continue to be the tin horn dictation of SSH.

The nerve I tell ya......

Old February 17th 09, 07:38 PM posted to sci.military.naval,sci.space.history
Eric Chomko[_2_]

wrote:

Great....just great. You happy now?

...No, not really. But then again, considering what I *have*
contributed over the years, I don't deserve to be in *any* killfile.

Is that a fact? What, exactly, IS your greatest hit?

Call it egotistical if you want, but I don't take ostracization -
especially unwarranted - lightly. Especially around here. I deserve
*and* have earned a lot more respect, and I'll be fracked if I won't
get it.

I read further after first reading this. I'll simply note several
regulars told you that your rudeness outshines any "value" that you
have added here.

...And besides, I only answered Pat's question in an attempt to help
him out. The alias change was necessary, but I honestly don't
understand why he's stomping off like I've cut his ball sack open or
something like that.

Because you can dish it out but can't take it? Could THAT be it?

Eric

--

* ]=====================================[
* ] * OMBlog -http://www.io.com/~o_m/omworld* [

Old February 22nd 09, 08:52 AM posted to sci.space.history
Dale Carlson

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:00:21 -0500, "Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)"
wrote:

I think many would beg to differ on both accounts OM.

Ask around, most folks will say that your biggest contribution is abuse,
rudeness and the like.

I'm afraid that I haven't been here much lately, having gotten married
a few months ago and only now readjusting...

I just refreshed the group and was shocked to see that there doesn't
seem to be much traffic from the more reputable regulars lately. And
that Pat has left due to OM. I killfiled OM long ago, and felt like I
was being oversensitive or something, as he seemed to still be in
good standing with most readers.

I guess I'll go back and see what happened, and hope that Pat et al
will return...

Dale