M33 galaxy

Old November 26th 08, 10:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Fabio

Default M33 galaxy

Hi to all,

Saturday night i had the opportunity to stay under the stars. I took
an image using the W.O. FLT110 F7 together with the Televue 0,8x.
I shot M33 galaxy, using the SXVF-H9C without LPS filter.

Even if the first part of the night was a quite windy, passing the time
the wind ended and the guide almost went well (not a good seeing).
I am really satisfied by the details shown on the image, avoiding the
LPS give better results on galaxies with the SXVF-H9C ( maybe it was
already well known..)
Also the Televue reducer seems working fine so at the end now i
finished my tests on the infrastructure :-))

I hope you enjoy the image at
http://www.fabioh2o.it/Images/DeepSky/deep79.htm

Comments are welcome!!
Thank you in advance.

Fabio Acquarone
http:://www.fabioh2o.it

Old November 26th 08, 10:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Fabio wrote:
[...]

Looks like you have a good system there. It came out well. I don't see
any loss from seeing or wind. Hope to see a lot more from this
combination soon.

Stefan, imaging from Berlin has given up on LPS filtered shots of
galaxies as it just wasn't helping. More sub exposures without the
filter seems to work best for him. Sounds like you are having the same
experience. I solved the light pollution problem by moving to the
middle of nowhere.

Rick

Old November 26th 08, 10:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Fabio

Hi Rick,

Stefan, imaging from Berlin has given up on LPS filtered shots of galaxies
as it just wasn't helping. More sub exposures without the filter seems to
work best for him. Sounds like you are having the same experience.

Yes, after my tests i can confirm...

experience. I solved the light pollution problem by moving to the middle
of nowhere.

No comments... :-DD

Thank you Rick for your reply.

Regards
Fabio

"Rick Johnson" ha scritto nel messaggio
ster.com...

Old December 2nd 08, 07:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Nice image Fabio, good detail indeed.
I also like the lack of blue in the spiral arms, M33 is often shown much too
blue for my taste.

Stefan

. ..