iPods in Space

Old December 11th 06, 08:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
Gareth Slee

Default iPods in Space

See if you can find the iPod in this photo?

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/...4/hires/iss014
e08795.jpg

--
Gareth Slee
http://www.meroffice.com
Old December 12th 06, 09:22 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_4_]

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:15:44 +0000, (Gareth
Slee) wrote:

See if you can find the iPod in this photo?

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/station/crew-14/hires/iss014e08795.jpg

....Jobs is probably spooging his shorts over this one. Wonder if it's
rad-hardend?

OM
--
]=====================================[
] OMBlog -
Old December 12th 06, 02:50 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

"OM" wrote in message
news
...Jobs is probably spooging his shorts over this one. Wonder if it's
rad-hardend?

I seriously doubt it's rad-hardened.

I recently started using an iPod because my two oldest kids upgraded to the
latest iPod Nano's and weren't using the year old iPod Video (30 GB, 5th
generation iPod). Combining the buttons and the "jog wheel" into one
control means I'm inadvertently volume all the time. If I were buying a HD
based player for myself, I would likely have bought something with a better
feel to the controls.

But overall, it's not that bad since it was already paid for and it isn't
considered "obsolete" like my Sony Minidisc player/recorder I've been using
for portable music for the last three or four years.

Jeff
safety"
- B. Franklin, Bartlett's Familiar Quotations (1919)