UK satellite query

Old November 6th 06, 11:02 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rich Godwin

Default UK satellite query

Now here's a guy who knows his Python ;)

Pat Flannery wrote:
Rich Godwin wrote:

I think it's either called Profumo or Harold Wilson ;)

Photographs....candid photographs?
Nudge-nudge!
Say no more.
She's a goer, mate!:
http://www.arne-jacobsen.com/site_di...400/aj0413.jpg
:-)

Pat

Old November 6th 06, 11:08 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On 6 Nov 2006 15:02:50 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Rich Godwin"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

Now here's a guy who knows his Python ;)

*And* his Ed Wood...

Pat's not totally useless, he's just clueless on politics. But then,
that's to be expected from a political "science" major.
Old November 7th 06, 12:17 AM posted to sci.space.history
Rich Godwin

But Rand
Pat knows who Profumo was

Old November 7th 06, 12:28 AM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On 6 Nov 2006 16:17:24 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Rich Godwin"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

But Rand
Pat knows who Profumo was

Knowing history isn't the same as understanding it.
Old November 7th 06, 12:58 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Rich Godwin wrote:

Now here's a guy who knows his Python ;)

Only in the biblical sense. :-)

Pat
Old November 7th 06, 01:37 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Rand Simberg wrote:

But Rand
Pat knows who Profumo was

Knowing history isn't the same as understanding it.

Let me guess you probably didn't take much history/poli sci.
Which means you are in the same league in this regard as someone who
dismisses graduates in physics, because they don't understand his 37
dimensional universe theory.
Remember! Suction and Pressure! Zig-Zag and Swirl!
"Alfred William Lawson is God's eternal, undying, gift to man."
It's time to abandon your Classical Liberalism.
Lawsonomy has The Key To The Golden Door Of Man's Future.
It's time to have a peek at "Direct Credits For Everybody":
http://www.lawsonomy.org/DCEverybody100.html
We must examine those points on which everyone agrees, those points on
which they don't agree, and, most vitally, those points on which they
_must_ agree.
TAXES WILL BE ELIMINATED!

Pat
Old November 7th 06, 01:53 AM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 19:37:59 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in

Rand Simberg wrote:

But Rand
Pat knows who Profumo was

Knowing history isn't the same as understanding it.

Let me guess you probably didn't take much history/poli sci.

You guess wrong. And ungrammatically.
Old November 7th 06, 03:32 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Rand Simberg wrote:

Let me guess you probably didn't take much history/poli sci.

You guess wrong. And ungrammatically.

Yeah, but discussions of "Where shall the 'Platonic Guardians' of the
Lagrange colony live? High G or Low G?" don't count.
Let me guess what happened here... you took a course or two on this sort
of stuff and discussed your political and economic ideas with your
professors.... who stared at you with a mixture of horror and baffled
bemusement...before pouring themselves a stiff drink. Then, after you
told them that the reason they couldn't understand your concepts was
your inherently superior mind, they merely smiled at you, while
beginning to edge their fingers closer to that hidden button under the
desk. And even though you offered them the blotter acid free of charge,
they would have none of it.
So you went off in a huff...at the most, a minute and a huff.*
"Curse these small-minded fools!" you muttered, "After the Golden Age Of
Universal Truth comes, cretins like these shall be the first into the
airlock. Their Life Extension shall not be allowed!" ...and floating
next to you, the glowing head of Timothy Leary nodded in agreement. :-)

* Thank you, Groucho.

Pat