The Moon Landing Is A Hoax !

Old February 18th 04, 03:42 PM
Guth/IEIS~GASA

Correction to: "Deploying dozens of small javelin lunar probes on the
cheap"

False!
A raw javelin probe of 1 kg, as dropped from 1 km, should impact at
roughly 0.8 t (800 kg), well within survival specifications of even
toys-R-us, which might not even represent sufficient impact for
implanting these lightweight probes.

Oops: if I'd only correctly utilized the formula of V squared.
1/2*M*V2 = impact energy or equivalent mass, whereas the V = 1.6 m/s/s

From 1 km obviously = 1,600 m/s, squared = 2.56e6

True!
1 kg dropped from 1 km = .5*1e3*2.56e6 = 1.28e3 t (1,280 tonnes
impact)

Thus a raw javelin probe of 1 kg, as dropped from 1 km, should impact
at roughly 1.28e3 t (1,280 tonnes), which might not survive
specifications of even the most robust toys-R-us, though obviously
accommodating more than sufficient impact capability as for implanting
these lightweight probes.

The part about the 2 kg package consisting of balloons within
balloons, surrounding the 1 kg probe, all of which impacting at 5 km/s
is still amounting to 25,000 t. At least this portion is still
correct, and I tend to believe the 1000:1 reduction in impact for the
probe within this format is also within reason, even though I haven't
researched a darn thing as to such impact absorbing packaging.
Obviously this delivery method remains way more complicated than the
simple "all stop" raw free-for-all drop from 1 km.

What caught my attention about this error was in my recalling previous
references I'd made to the sorts of damage small and even
micro-meteorites can impose upon any lunar EVA, as such open exposure
to whatever is incoming is downright pesky if not lethal.

As usual, I'll make such mistakes in the future, and even some of my
best effort corrections are going to be in error, though at any time
others can provide their more correctness and I'll certainly give all
the credits possible, which by the way, seems to be far more than our
NASA has ever done for you.

Regards. Brad Guth / IEIS~GASA