Tak FSQ106 and medium format camera

Old February 17th 04, 11:23 PM
Rockett Crawford

Default Tak FSQ106 and medium format camera

Does anyone happen to know of somebody that has
a website with astrophotos taken with a medium
format film camera through a Tak FSQ106?

A friend of mine is contemplating buying one of
these scopes. I own one myself and love it, but
I only have to illuminate an ST10 ccd chip rather
a 6x7 negative.

Anyway I'm hearing that there is light falloff towards
the corners, but that it isn't too dramatic? It'd be
nice to get him some actual photos to look at.

thanks,
Rockett Crawford

Old February 18th 04, 05:42 AM
DBogan3220

Yeah the Tak FSQ 106 Vignettes like crazy for a 6x7 negative. Talk to Peter
Ledlie he had a Tak FSQ for a while make the big mistake of selling off his AP
155 F7 with the 4 inch field flatner to help pay for the scope. For an ST10 the
light fall off is not a problem even for a SBIG STL11000 still should not be a
problem. One scope I would consider would be the Vixen DED 108 that one has an
adequate flatner that does not vignette and really gives some awesome wide
angle shots with the 6x7 camera

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan