ASTRO: Completely OT but kind of fun....

Old October 10th 07, 02:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: Completely OT but kind of fun....

an honest 140,,,

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carrera_140mph.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	1294
Old October 10th 07, 03:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

140 @ 4800 rpm....mine only shows about 100 @ 4000 rpm

Can I have your astro equip. when you wipe it out?

Joe

"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
t...
an honest 140,,,

Old October 10th 07, 04:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Richard Crisp wrote:
an honest 140,,,

Can I have the observatory the money to buy one would pay for! I'll do
a few billion light years in a fraction of an RPM of the main axle!

Rick

Old October 10th 07, 04:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

an honest 140,,,

I presume that is in miles? Thnink so, cause 140 kilometers per hour isn't
that fast and/or impressive :-)

Menno

Old October 10th 07, 05:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Howard Lester

"Richard Crisp" wrote

an honest 140,,,

At least there's no chromatic "abhoration"... maybe just a couple of G's.

Old October 11th 07, 03:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"J McBride" wrote in message
140 @ 4800 rpm....mine only shows about 100 @ 4000 rpm

but it doesn't redline until 6800 rpm. the owner's manual says it is good to
173MPH but I think that is a bit optimistic. I haven't taken it more than
the 140MPH I showed but it definitely had more punch to it....

Can I have your astro equip. when you wipe it out?

don't count your apos yet: that photo was taken in March of 2000.

Old October 11th 07, 03:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"TheCroW" wrote in message
an honest 140,,,

I presume that is in miles? Thnink so, cause 140 kilometers per hour isn't
that fast and/or impressive :-)

right on all counts. If you look closely at the photo you can see the Km/h
marks too...

60mph is about 100Km/H as I recall.

so I must have been doing about 233Km/H at the time the snap was taken.

Old October 11th 07, 03:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

"Howard Lester" wrote in message
"Richard Crisp" wrote

an honest 140,,,

At least there's no chromatic "abhoration"... maybe just a couple of G's.

not so sure of the chromatic "abhoration": here it is in color....

Again this was taken way back when: maybe in late '99. It was before the
aero kit and the rear quarter panel airscoops were installed.....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	le_grand_derrierre.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	1297
Old October 11th 07, 04:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Ergonaut

"Richard Crisp" wrote in
:

"Howard Lester" wrote in message
"Richard Crisp" wrote

an honest 140,,,

At least there's no chromatic "abhoration"... maybe just a
couple of G's.

not so sure of the chromatic "abhoration": here it is in
color....

Again this was taken way back when: maybe in late '99. It was
before the aero kit and the rear quarter panel airscoops were
installed.....

begin 666 le_grand_derrierre.JPG

Attachment decoded: le_grand_derrierre.JPG
`
end

expect a ticket in the mail-dumbass
Old October 11th 07, 08:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro

"Richard Crisp" schreef in bericht
t...
an honest 140,,,

OT indeed.....