ASTRO: lack of posts???

Old August 3rd 07, 09:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Muttsdanglers

Default ASTRO: lack of posts???

I can only see 5 posts on this group, is this right???

Are we all having bad weather, or am i not picking up all the posts??

Paul

Old August 4th 07, 01:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Adriano

Muttsdanglers wrote:
I can only see 5 posts on this group, is this right???

Are we all having bad weather, or am i not picking up all the posts??

Paul

Your post shows up but that's it for me. Everyone's on holiday I guess.
--
Adriano
Old August 4th 07, 01:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Since my news server goes back over a month I see a lot of posts. But
for current ones see:
http://www.usenet-replayer.com/webrings/astro.html
for those with images you might have missed. Everything I've seen of
late has popped up there. It doesn't show responses unless they have an
image in them. It runs a good 24 hours behind. I check it every few days.

Stefan posted 4319 and 5921 on the 29th and I posted 4449 that day.
Also Richard Crisp posted his polarizing filter shots and Jim McBride
posted one of M27 that day. Next was my M5 on 8/1. Other than comments
and posts about no posts that's been it.

Full moon and lousy skies as well as lack of processing time are my
excuses.

Rick

Old August 4th 07, 08:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

I can only see 5 posts on this group, is this right???

Are we all having bad weather, or am i not picking up all the posts??

Paul

It's been quiet lately ... latest image posting is done on the first of
August and before that on the 29th of July ... plus some reactions on that.
The group itself is fine ... I can see back as far as the 7th of March.

Menno

Old August 4th 07, 02:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Muttsdanglers" wrote
I can only see 5 posts on this group, is this right???

Are we all having bad weather, or am i not picking up all the posts??

Paul, et al:

My main PC, a laptop, has been dead for about two weeks and it looks like
another week before I'll get it back. The HD ate my ntsf.sys file and I'll
have to re-load all the software, but luckily I had backed up all of the
data just a day or so berfore it died. The only thing I might lose is raw
data from one imaging session.

I've been doing a lot of visual observing and telescope repair stuff,
plus I'm getting ready to go to Stellafane next weekend. That involves
getting a lot of gear ready including my Obsession 20 and PST. I also just
got a Denkmeier bino-viewer and it took some effort to get it to focus and
balance on the 20" Dob. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to post of the ATM
scopes at Stellafane later this month. It's a 6+ hour drive for me, and then
there's the meteor shower on the night I get back - so it might take me a
while to get stuff posted.

Clear & dark skies to all a.b.p.a folks!!

George Normandin

Guests can now reply to posts at Moderated sci.astro.amateur [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 1 June 12th 07 03:01 AM
ASTRO: Missing posts Beta Persei Astro Pictures 4 March 6th 07 07:16 PM
Spacex launch (or lack of it) zoltan Policy 46 December 3rd 05 02:59 PM
Lack of Vision? S. Wand Policy 6 October 2nd 05 12:27 AM
very interesting how 20-50 posts were back timed to flood betwwenthe 30 secondes between my two posts Rick Nelson Space Shuttle 3 July 23rd 05 11:13 AM