Moon, Jupiter and why it's important to understand tides!

Old March 27th 05, 12:24 AM
Pete Lawrence

Default Moon, Jupiter and why it's important to understand tides!

Spent much of the day up in London today. Moon and Jupiter were
beckoning when I got home - not as nice a composition as Veijo's but
here it is anyway...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/temp/Moon+Jupiter-wide.jpg

Whilst walking past the preparations for the boat race...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/temp/oops.jpg
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/temp/oops2.jpg

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old March 27th 05, 12:37 AM
CLT

I wasn't sure where you were going with the quip on tides, but loved it when
I saw.

Nice Moon/Jupiter shot.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?

Are you interested in understanding optics?

************************************

Old March 27th 05, 12:53 AM
Mark McIntyre

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:24:21 +0000, in uk.sci.astronomy , Pete
Lawrence wrote:
Whilst walking past the preparations for the boat race...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/temp/oops.jpg
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/temp/oops2.jpg

good one ! You'd think that someone from a sailing club would know the
tides.

On Christmas day the kids and I were on the gravel bit 7-8 metres
below those railings, feeding ducks. On the way back, my eldest was
asking why all the houses along the front there had steel gates with
rubber seals, and why the road back had a huge hump in it....

--
Mark McIntyre
CLC FAQ http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html

Old March 27th 05, 01:15 AM
Geoff Smith

Love the tide shot Pete! Well done!

Old March 27th 05, 08:37 AM
Jim Easterbrook

Pete Lawrence wrote in
:

Whilst walking past the preparations for the boat race...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/temp/oops.jpg
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/temp/oops2.jpg

Nice to see a 4WD being used off-road for a change. (-:
--
Jim Easterbrook http://astro.jim-easterbrook.me.uk/
N51.36 W0.25
Old March 27th 05, 11:23 AM
Robin Leadbeater

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
Spent much of the day up in London today. Moon and Jupiter were
beckoning when I got home - not as nice a composition as Veijo's but
here it is anyway...

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/temp/Moon+Jupiter-wide.jpg

Nice moons shot Pete.

The over exposed Jovian moons makes one realise just how dark the surface of
our moon is. Imagine how bright it would be if it was icy like Europa!

Robin

Old March 30th 05, 11:40 PM
GtP

Hee-Hee!

--
G-t-P

'A wise man never plays leap-frog with a Unicorn' - Barry Cryer

Remove Viking food to reply