Spacecraft Films.

Old July 21st 03, 07:09 PM
Steve

Default Spacecraft Films.

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knew the status of the Shuttle Mission Log DVD's at
Spacecraft Films? I ordered STS-110 last October and have heard nothing
since. Only 109 is advertised on there web-site now, whereas 110 and 111
used to be listed as 'coming soon.' Have they suspened production of the
Mission Logs? I've emailed them a few times with no responce. Project Gemini
also seems to be forever 'coming soon.' :-) Don't mind the wait, just wish
they'd keep us informed.

TIA.

--
Steve.
Old July 21st 03, 10:07 PM
Sam Seiber

Steve wrote:

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knew the status of the Shuttle Mission Log DVD's at
Spacecraft Films? I ordered STS-110 last October and have heard nothing
since. Only 109 is advertised on there web-site now, whereas 110 and 111
used to be listed as 'coming soon.' Have they suspened production of the
Mission Logs? I've emailed them a few times with no responce. Project Gemini
also seems to be forever 'coming soon.' :-) Don't mind the wait, just wish
they'd keep us informed.

TIA.

--
Steve.

I too am begining to wonder what is going on at Spacecraft Films. I
preordered Apollo 17, and they claimed they would be shipping July 15.
Their site says it is coming soon. A few weeks ago the site said it
would
be shipping July 15, for the preorder people. Since they are hooking up
with Fox Home Entertainment, I really wonder if that is causing delays.
Also on their site they mention the new editions of Apollo 11, The
Mighty
Saturns & Apollo 8. Figures, I just picked all of those titles up
a few months ago. I heard they are trying to come up with an upgrade
path for prior buyers. So, between our experiences, I wonder if we
should start getting angry with them. At the very least they owe
us each an e-mail to let us know what is going on. Perhaps they
themselves don't know.

Sam
Old July 22nd 03, 08:21 PM
Steve

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:07:15 -0600, Sam Seiber
wrote:

I too am begining to wonder what is going on at Spacecraft Films. I
preordered Apollo 17, and they claimed they would be shipping July 15.
Their site says it is coming soon. A few weeks ago the site said it
would be shipping July 15, for the preorder people.

Yeah, I want to order Apollo 17 but am reluctant to do so. Going to do as
you suggest and send a 'stern' email. I'll post back here if I get a reply.

--
Steve.
Old July 22nd 03, 08:30 PM
Doug Ellison

"Steve" wrote in message
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knew the status of the Shuttle Mission Log DVD's

at
Spacecraft Films? I ordered STS-110 last October and have heard nothing
since. Only 109 is advertised on there web-site now, whereas 110 and 111
used to be listed as 'coming soon.' Have they suspened production of the
Mission Logs? I've emailed them a few times with no responce. Project

Gemini
also seems to be forever 'coming soon.' :-) Don't mind the wait, just wish
they'd keep us informed.

TIA.

--
Steve.

My STS109 DVD just doesnt work ( either on PC or on either of two dvd
players )- but ZERO response from them. I REALLY REALLY wanted their
venture to work - but I'm not giving them another $ / £ till I hear news.

Doug

Old July 22nd 03, 08:33 PM
Steve

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:11:24 +0200, "Sauli Nurmi"
wrote:

The release date for these used to be continuosly pushed further, but now
there is not a single mention of them, as if they never existed (which, of
course, may be the truth....).

I think 110 was first advertised last July/August? How can a 2 hour DVD take
so long to produce?

I don't usually like to blame or bash anything or anyone, but truth to be
told, the SpaceCraft Films customer service really sucks.

I'm the same. They are (or appeared to be) making an excellent product.
Don't like to have a go at people but, you're right, at this time they suck.

When I had two bad discs from them (one being STS-109), they kindly promised
to send new ones, but never did that, until I contacted them once more
asking whether or not they are going to send the replacement discs or not.
Eventually, they did arrive, but I don't think this is very good customer
policy...

Think they must be (or were) a very small outfit. Doesn't excuse there
service though. I too have 109 and think it is great. Would be a shame if
the others didn't materialize.

Actually, I might mail them and ask what's (not) happening. I suggest you
and others do the same. If they receive several mails asking those missing
products, they must somehow provide some additional information. I hope.

Yep, going to try contacting them again.

--
Steve.
Old July 22nd 03, 08:45 PM
Vincent D. DeSimone

[...]

FYI, I just received the Project Gemini 3-DVD set in the mail yesterday,
which is cool except for one little detail: ...I never ordered it.

Since I was going to order it soon anyway, I'll be more than happy to pay
for it when the bill arrives (I checked my credit card status - I have been
billed). Several months ago, I ordered and received Apollo 14: the Complete
Downlink, so I know that they have my information in their computers.

What concerns me is that I'll be ordering all of the other complete
downlinks soon, and this does say something for their record-keeping.

Old July 22nd 03, 11:01 PM
OM

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:45:30 GMT, "Vincent D. DeSimone"
wrote:

FYI, I just received the Project Gemini 3-DVD set in the mail yesterday,
which is cool except for one little detail: ...I never ordered it.

....If anyone from Spacecraft Films is still lurking out there, I'd
like one of these surprise gifts as well :-)

OM

- General George S. Patton, Jr
Old July 23rd 03, 12:31 PM
Sigridco

I too have been waiting.
My wife ordered the Apollo 17 complete downlink DVD set in November
2002. We understood it wouldn't be ready till Feb 2003. Our credit
card was charged in November. The ship date kept moving back on the
web site. I sent a letter in May that got no response. I like the
product, but service is rocky at best. Since they have this
distribution deal with Fox Video, I'm beginning to think Spacecraft
Films is filling orders to Fox and not us. I'm considering filing a
complaint with the Federal Trade Commission should delivery not occur
by August 1.
Here is a FTC link to mailorder/email/web merchandise regulations:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/.../mailorder.htm

I like the product. I hope they are just overwhelmed. But I'm
wondering if something more sinister is at hand with Spacecraft Films.

Eric
Old July 23rd 03, 04:16 PM
MasterShrink

I like the product. I hope they are just overwhelmed. But I'm
wondering if something more sinister is at hand with Spacecraft Films.

I have a feeling they got over zealous. I mean first they start by releaing the
Apollo 15 downlink then overnight it seems they are planning to get a large
number of sets out in a couple years.

-A.L.
Old July 23rd 03, 07:28 PM
Steve

wrote:

FYI, I just received the Project Gemini 3-DVD set in the mail yesterday,
which is cool except for one little detail: ...I never ordered it.

Well I have ordered it so it must be my copy you have. Just pop it in the
mail for me would you :-)

--
Steve.