Sha on ASTROADS (was UK Astronomy Buy & Sell)

Old July 18th 03, 04:09 PM
Richard Darn

Default Sha on ASTROADS (was UK Astronomy Buy & Sell)

Pricing second hand stuff can be difficult - depends, as you say, on its
rarity value.

Some of the astro ads in Astronomy Now vary ludicrously in price. Some folk
obviously think they will get almost 100 per cent return value on a Meade,
while in recent years, I've seen some second hand scopes being offered at
prices greater than a brand new ones due to subsequent prices cuts!

Generally I tend to work around a two thirds basis, hence my C9.25 OTA
would, if ever I decided to sell, be offered at about £750 - £800. Chinese
stuff less.

Richard

I don't look at any private-sale second-user gear priced at more than 50%

of
new list price. For dealer-stocked items I'd raise this to 60% of new list
price. Anything over those limits I ignore, unless of course it is an item
that has additional scarcity value.

Regards
Chef