The Universe Was Created For The Glory Of God

Old July 4th 06, 03:02 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Mark K. Bilbo[_1_]

Default The Universe Was Created For The Glory Of God

Previously, on alt.atheism, Sound of Trumpet in episode
.com...

Space colonization: Ain't gonna happen. We will build a thriving
metropolis in Antarctica before we build a modest sustainable colony on
Mars. And Mars is about the limit of our spacefaring. We ain't *never*
getting off the earth.

Why? Because he says so?

--
Mark K. Bilbo
"As hip as it is for outsiders to blame New Orleans

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V180525DC

"Everything New Orleans"
http://www.nola.com

Old July 4th 06, 03:05 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Mark K. Bilbo[_1_]

Previously, on alt.atheism, Rand Simberg in episode

On 4 Jul 2006 01:03:19 GMT, in a place far, far away, Enkidu
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

(Rand Simberg) wrote in
:

On 4 Jul 2006 00:45:23 GMT, in a place far, far away, Enkidu
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such
a way as to indicate that:

If Christians quit predicting God's wants and acting as His proxy, the
rest of us might find it easier to get along with them

Why single out Christians? It would seem that there's another religion
that's causing us a lot more problems along that line right now...

I live in the U.S. and it's Christians that try and make me pledge
allegiance under God, make my kids do the same, build crosses on public
land, and start crusades against the other major intolerant group who
also knows what God needs.

But it's the other religion that actually *succeeds* in killing people,
often wholesale.

Oh really? Fundamentalist Christianity was standing *right *there when the
US attacked another country that hadn't done a damn thing to us and it's
quite often Christians that are defending the actions of the (he says)
Christian president who took us into that quagmire.

How many people have we killed now? Ten times more than 9/11? At least
three times the number of US citizens killed in all terrorist attacks
worldwide over the last decade? More?

Old July 4th 06, 03:06 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Mark K. Bilbo[_1_]

Previously, on alt.atheism, skyeyes in episode
.com...

Douglas Berry wrote:

What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03 Jul
2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

I'm sorry that you and Sea Wasp are so critically short of information,
Doug, but the fact is, the Universe and Everything was created by and for
cats. You old Silly, you.

Nonsense! The world was created so my dogs would have a place to poop...

Old July 4th 06, 03:13 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Mark K. Bilbo[_1_]

Previously, on alt.atheism, bam in episode
.. .

"GoDrex" wrote in message

"Sound of Trumpet" wrote in message
oups.com...
Space colonization: Ain't gonna happen. We will build a thriving
metropolis in Antarctica before we build a modest sustainable colony on
Mars. And Mars is about the limit of our spacefaring. We ain't *never*
getting off the earth. And so will eventually die one of our favorite
ersatz eschatons: the infinite proliferation of the human race
throughout the cosmos. We'll stay right here and take our medicine till
Christ returns.

This is so typical of religious thought. Don't bother even thinking!
Don't discover! (like the dumb ass Pope said) Just hang out and wait
for Jesus.

I love to hear the atheists make fools of themselves. A few years ago,
they were wandering sperm, and now they say there's no God.

So what did you start out as? A fern?

Old July 4th 06, 03:26 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Douglas Berry

What's so funny about peace, love and "Mike Schilling"
posting the following on Mon, 03 Jul
2006 23:13:47 GMT iin alt.atheism?

"Douglas Berry" wrote in message
news
What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

Begone, foul non-beer-drinking-at-night-games heretic!

Fiend! I hold the Croix de Candlestick! Speak not about night games
to one who has endured and extra-innings marathon in the windy
confines of the Stick!
--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

"The belief in the Christian god... is an appalling nightmare. I reject
the notion that the whole universe was created by this kind of evil
creature who would create such a thing." - Anthony Flew, March 22, 2005
Old July 4th 06, 03:27 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Douglas Berry

What's so funny about peace, love and Enkidu
posting the following on 3 Jul 2006 23:51:03 GMT iin alt.atheism?
Douglas Berry wrote in
news
What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much
work and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

Bull****! This universe is actually hell for sume higher universe. As
proof, I remind you that bagpipes exist!

But do Scotsmen?

Anyway, I'm from a British military family. I was raised on the
pipes.

creature who would create such a thing." - Anthony Flew, March 22, 2005
Old July 4th 06, 03:27 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Douglas Berry

What's so funny about peace, love and "skyeyes"
posting the following on 3 Jul 2006 16:57:41
-0700 iin alt.atheism?
Douglas Berry wrote:

What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

I'm sorry that you and Sea Wasp are so critically short of information,
Doug, but the fact is, the Universe and Everything was created by and
for cats. You old Silly, you.

Point, but beer and baseball is for our off-duty time.

creature who would create such a thing." - Anthony Flew, March 22, 2005
Old July 4th 06, 03:28 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Douglas Berry

" wrote in
oups.com:

Douglas Berry wrote:
Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day

baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

But they made a mistake and created doubleheaders, and people got drunk
off their asses and woke up the next morning in the restroom of 3
Rivers Stadium.

Ah. so you believe in Hell.

creature who would create such a thing." - Anthony Flew, March 22, 2005
Old July 4th 06, 03:30 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Douglas Berry

What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Tue, 04
Jul 2006 00:47:58 GMT iin alt.atheism?
Douglas Berry wrote:
What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

*Sigh* You minions of Satan keep mistaking the CORRUPTION for the
PURPOSE.

Minion? Hey! When did I get demoted?

creature who would create such a thing." - Anthony Flew, March 22, 2005
Old July 4th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.religion.christian.roman-catholic,alt.atheism,alt.messianic,rec.arts.sf.written,sci.space.policy
Mike Schilling

"Douglas Berry" wrote in message
What's so funny about peace, love and "Mike Schilling"
posting the following on Mon, 03 Jul
2006 23:13:47 GMT iin alt.atheism?

"Douglas Berry" wrote in message
news
What's so funny about peace, love and Sea Wasp
posting the following on Mon, 03
Jul 2006 22:42:13 GMT iin alt.atheism?

No, no. It was created so that it would ultimately, after much work
and refinement, produce *ME*.

Nonsense. The universe was created so that beer could exist, and day
baseball games exist so that we have a place to enjoy beer.

Begone, foul non-beer-drinking-at-night-games heretic!

Fiend! I hold the Croix de Candlestick! Speak not about night games
to one who has endured and extra-innings marathon in the windy
confines of the Stick!

If thou be a true believer, name the accursed Four that Jack Clark was
traded for, lo these many years ago.