the life of you guys

Old April 19th 05, 06:49 PM
Chef!

Need I say any more?

Regards
Chef!

Old April 19th 05, 06:50 PM
Ian Sharp

I'm a software developer by day (Delphi/ASP/Java/JSP). Degree was in Physics
with Electronics, London 1981.
Cheers
Ian Sharp
http://www.astro-sharp.com

"Stuart Turrell" wrote in message
I have been watching and sometimes posting in this group for over 2 years
now, and after watching the sky at night star party episode (excellent
piece of tv), i was thinking...

What do you guys do for a living, i mean, is it anything to do with
astronomy or completely different?

For people like Pete Lawrence, are you just a normal working man then
come home to take part in your wonderful hobby?

Its will be quiet interesting to see the vast amount of people there are
that take part actively in astronomy from all walks of life.

Personnally, i have worked in retail (safeway, B&Q and a manufacturing
company that makes resin's and hardeners), but ot currently unemployed
looking for work. Hopefully something scientific will come up!

Stuart

Old April 19th 05, 08:04 PM
Tim Auton

"Stuart Turrell" wrote:

I have been watching and sometimes posting in this group for over 2 years
now, and after watching the sky at night star party episode (excellent piece
of tv), i was thinking...

I'm not one of them famous ones wot gets on the telly an' that. But I
do have a physics degree. When I grow up, I want to be a carpenter.

Tim
--
Complex in, complex process, complex out.
Old April 19th 05, 08:26 PM
Mark McIntyre

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:50:30 +0100, in uk.sci.astronomy , "Ian Sharp"
wrote:

I'm a software developer by day (Delphi/ASP/Java/JSP). Degree was in Physics
with Electronics, London 1981.

I'm deeply scared by how many of us are in computers. Deeply scared.

BTW I'm an IT manager in a bank. So at least I'm not in computers...
--
Mark McIntyre
CLC FAQ http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html
Old April 19th 05, 08:36 PM
Neil Booker

Hi Stuart

What do you guys do for a living, i mean, is it anything to do with
astronomy or completely different?

Star watching! I'm a cinema projectionist. Once I get the film going I look
out of the window at the real stars and hope it's still clear when I get
home after 11pm.

Neil

Old April 19th 05, 08:42 PM
Jim

wrote:

I'm a software developer by day (Delphi/ASP/Java/JSP). Degree was in Physics
with Electronics, London 1981.

I'm deeply scared by how many of us are in computers. Deeply scared.

BTW I'm an IT manager in a bank. So at least I'm not in computers...

Um.

Programmer / Sysadmin.

Arse.

Jim
--
Find me at http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2
"We deal in the moral equivalent of black holes, where the normal
Old April 19th 05, 08:57 PM
Tim Cutts

Stuart Turrell wrote:
What do you guys do for a living, i mean, is it anything to do with
astronomy or completely different?

I was originally a cell biologist (PhD in an obscure corner of cancer
research) and now I evaluate, install and run supercomputing systems for
the human genome project and related research.

Tim

Old April 19th 05, 10:13 PM
Martin Frey

Mark McIntyre wrote:

I'm deeply scared by how many of us are in computers. Deeply scared.

BTW I'm an IT manager in a bank. So at least I'm not in computers...

I was a manufacturer before I retired - you know, sawing and drilling
things and then screwing them up - whoops - screwing them together and
selling them. I'm sure I don't even know what a computer is.

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Frey
http://www.hadastro.org.uk
Old April 19th 05, 10:16 PM
Tim Cutts

wrote:

I'm a software developer by day (Delphi/ASP/Java/JSP). Degree was in Physics
with Electronics, London 1981.

I'm deeply scared by how many of us are in computers. Deeply scared.

I think that's self-selecting because this is Usenet.

BTW I'm an IT manager in a bank. So at least I'm not in computers...

Don't you kid yourself. :-)

Tim

Old April 19th 05, 10:46 PM
garry parker

I'm an electrcian, and I recently spent two weeks assembling lamposts
(sorry!)

Garry