Scopetronix defunct?

Old October 17th 06, 08:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Scopetronix defunct?

Howie, I really do not know. I've not done any business with them; just
following this thread on saa.
. . someone mentioned something about a sick child.

Darian, I was not casting any aspersion on you - it was just my
tongue-in-cheek way of saying I have reason to believe that's not the
real story.
I'm in the hole for $1000 that Scopetronix owes me since early
2005.

Clear skies and perfect collimation,

Howie

Old October 23rd 06, 07:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Archteryx

I mentioned on an alternate thread .. I cancelled my Scopetronix order
( no response though ) and bought the part I needed from ebay at a
third of the original price ..

lo' and behold .. the senders address was the same area/street as
scopetronix ... I guess for whatever reason .. there is a "get rid of
the equipment" sale going on ;o)

John Steinberg wrote:
James Harris wrote:

It seems Scopetronix has refunded my payment and that they did so on
the same day I opened the dispute with Paypal, i.e. 17th

Good to know.

In my own personal dealings with the man behind the the curtains at the
subject company, he has always been nothing less than a complete
gentleman.

(And by gentleman I really mean douchebag but that kind of thing is
often hard to convery in a text-only medium.)

--
-John Steinberg
email: lid

Old October 24th 06, 11:19 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
James Harris

Archteryx wrote:
I mentioned on an alternate thread .. I cancelled my Scopetronix order
( no response though ) and bought the part I needed from ebay at a
third of the original price ..

lo' and behold .. the senders address was the same area/street as
scopetronix ... I guess for whatever reason .. there is a "get rid of
the equipment" sale going on ;o)

Care to let us know the seller's id?

Old November 9th 06, 03:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

Does anybody have news about Scopetronix? Also, I could not find a
phone number to call Scopetronix, would anybody be able to provide a
phone number or address?

Thanks

Gerald

James Harris wrote:
James Harris wrote:
James Harris wrote:

snip
That's been about a week with no reply. I have just resent the e-mail
request to three of their e-mail addresses, ,
, . That seemed to get a
response last time, though I am really sorry to burden them with
multiple e-mails.

It has now been another six days. I have opened a dispute with Paypal.
I understand this will send an e-mail to Scopetronix regarding the
issue and I have tried to make the message as clear as possible. Under
Paypal rules I have 20 days to covert this to a claim if Scopetronix do
not respond.

Old November 10th 06, 03:12 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur,uk.sci.astronomy
Archteryx

The only number I got was on one o their web pages .. contacts/camera
adapters ...
(239)945-6763.

But nhever an answer...even email isn;t responded too ... For my
records they are now defunct, finished ... how the future looks .. I
wouldn';t hold my breath, but you never know.'

Thats my own personal opinion and experience ..

A.