Leonardo to be permanent part of ISS

Old February 28th 10, 02:04 AM posted to sci.space.station
Dazi

Default Leonardo to be permanent part of ISS

http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010...0-044_PMM.html.

I've hoped for a long time that something like this would happen.
Old February 28th 10, 09:59 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Well its been an open secret for some time. It was even mentioned in several
press conferences from space about a year or so ago. What confuses me a
little is, I think that there is one logistics module that they have never
flown. Why then modify an old one?
Brian

Email:

Old February 28th 10, 06:38 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 08:59:14 GMT, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Well its been an open secret for some time. It was even mentioned in several
press conferences from space about a year or so ago. What confuses me a
little is, I think that there is one logistics module that they have never
flown. Why then modify an old one?

Donatello was never flight-certified, since it wasn't finished until
after Columbia and the post-Columbia schedule didn't require a third
MPLM. That would have to be done now before launch, and there's no
money in the budget to do it.

I hope Donatello is kept in protected storage somewhere and not left
outside to rot like the Centrifuge module.

Brian

Leonardo da Vinci Gay ? Protagonist Amateur Astronomy 0 July 7th 06 11:40 AM
* Leonardo Thoughts. Double-A Misc 1 February 1st 05 07:04 PM
Permanent Moon Base - Why or Why Not? T Policy 6 October 7th 04 10:55 PM
P Cygni - the permanent nova Maurice Gavin UK Astronomy 2 August 6th 04 07:50 AM
Leonardo Benaglia visit SETI@home Berkeley, with photos SETI ITALIA Bruno IK2WQA SETI 0 May 8th 04 12:51 AM