The Best SSME/Controller Site Ever.

Old January 5th 09, 11:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Default The Best SSME/Controller Site Ever.

Some nut case loony bin psycho troll over at NSF -

(http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com)

posted this link, and it was so darn interesting that I decided that you
nut case loony bin psycho trolls over here might be interested in it.

http://www.engineer.tamuk.edu/depart...ssme/Index.htm

It's split into two separate threads, one with animated gifs and another
identical site without the animations, which can be kind of annoying.

http://www.engineer.tamuk.edu/depart...ed/tsld001.htm

This is the introduction page and leads you to the table of contents :

http://www.engineer.tamuk.edu/depart...ed/tsld002.htm

The overview and epilogue are especially tastefully done.

And guess what, I happen to be an old 68K guy. I know Georgia Institute
of Technology has a course on it, and I thought I saw some stuff at both
FSU (Florida State University) and USF (University of South Florida).

Probably some of those central Florida and Florida east coast colleges
and universities and various schools over there are into it as well.
Old January 6th 09, 04:14 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

We would call these people anoraks...
Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

(

Old January 6th 09, 04:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
kT

Brian Gaff wrote:

We would call these people anoraks...

They're over there talking about recompiling it in C or C++.

That's ridiculous, of course. What I would do is put together a fairly
modern 68K VME Bus system, and then natively recompile on the host
system it in assembly and FORTH using polyFORTH II.

http://www.cotsjournalonline.com/hom....php?id=100218

http://www.rtcmagazine.com/home/article.php?id=100412

This way there will be no surprises.