Had to laugh earlier..

Old May 26th 09, 05:46 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Had to laugh earlier..

Conversation between Russian commander and Russian ground about which oxygen
bottle he was using for something. Ground said, We said use the one above,
and commander said, you need to understand above and below are relative up
here... or words to that effect.
I guess this sort of thing is bound to happen, but it just gave me a chuckle
as the interpreter sounded like she was trying not to sound amused by it as
well.

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old May 27th 09, 04:57 PM posted to sci.space.station
Dr J R Stockton[_31_]

In sci.space.station message
a.com, Tue, 26 May 2009 16:46:21, Brian Gaff
posted:
Conversation between Russian commander and Russian ground about which oxygen
bottle he was using for something. Ground said, We said use the one above,
and commander said, you need to understand above and below are relative up
here... or words to that effect.
I guess this sort of thing is bound to happen, but it just gave me a chuckle
as the interpreter sounded like she was trying not to sound amused by it as
well.

I recall hearing, when a pair of Russians were working outside, one of
them being translated as saying :
"Lower the lever, Yuri."
"Lower it downwards, Yuri."

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Web URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links;
Old May 27th 09, 10:29 PM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Of course its also nice to hear space walkers say things like.

A little more to the left, no the other left.

I can imagine it can all get very confusing at times...

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.
Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dr J R Stockton" wrote in message
nvalid...
[...]

Astro stuff via astron-1.htm, gravity0.htm ; quotings.htm, pascal.htm,
etc.
No Encoding. Quotes before replies. Snip well. Write clearly. Don't Mail
News.

No earlier than Jan2 Brian Gaff Space Station 0 December 9th 07 03:34 PM
No earlier than Jan 2 Brian Gaff Space Shuttle 0 December 9th 07 02:21 PM
earlier question [email protected] Space Shuttle 4 September 22nd 06 08:02 PM
LAUGH Mike Thomas Astronomy Misc 1 July 19th 06 08:02 PM
Something to laugh at G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 19 January 21st 06 04:06 AM