Amateur low cost high performance lightning detection network for Europe looking for participants. Home build equipment, detection range 2000 miles !

Old January 1st 06, 07:13 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default Amateur low cost high performance lightning detection network for Europe looking for participants. Home build equipment, detection range 2000 miles !

My name is Frank Kooiman and I am looking for amateur meteorologists who
would like to put up a lightning detection site that operates on a 24/7
basis.
My location is Hengelo in the Netherlands, Best locations for future would
be in England in cornwall, Scotland in Edinbourgh or in Norway.

My home build equipment is very low cost ( 50 euro ) and has a range of over
2500 km ( whole of Europe and parts of Africa and Asia ).

I am preparing a site

http://members.home.nl/fkooiman/lightning

where you can find information about the lightning detection site.

Happy New Year

Frank Kooiman

Old January 1st 06, 12:11 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

'ere this post was made on uk.sci.weather. While it was appropriate to that
newsgroup, how is it appropriate to the astronomy newsgroup?

Never mind multiple detectors already set up in the UK... Go to this same
thread in the weather newsgroup if you want the list...

-Mike