44 years ago today (May 25, 1961)

Old June 2nd 05, 09:35 PM
Eric Chomko

Default 44 years ago today (May 25, 1961)

Rob Petrie ) wrote:
: x-no-archive: yes

: "We go into space because whatever mankind must undertake, free men must
: fully share...I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving
: the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the moon and
: returning him safely to the earth."
: --Pres. John F. Kennedy, May 25, 1961, Special Message to the Congress
: on Urgent National Needs, May 25, 1961, Public Papers of the Presidents:
: 1961, p. 404.

: "...we seek no conquests, no satellites, no riches."
: --Pres. John F. Kennedy, Special Address to Congress on Urgent National
: Needs, May 25, 1961
:

Right and President Bush said we are going back to the moon to establish a
lunar base. That was in 1989 and in 2004.

Eric

: Needs, May 25, 1961
:

Then "They" shot Kennedy because he knew the Moon Landing was a hoax.

;-)

Rusty

Old June 2nd 05, 10:26 PM
Eric Chomko

Rusty ) wrote:

: Eric Chomko wrote:
: Rob Petrie ) wrote:
: : x-no-archive: yes
:
: : Needs, May 25, 1961
: :

: Then "They" shot Kennedy because he knew the Moon Landing was a hoax.

Kennedy was quite dead when we landed on the moon. The only hoax is that
a Bush has a vision.

Eric

: ;-)

: Rusty

Old June 3rd 05, 01:39 AM
Pat Flannery

Rusty wrote:

Republicans are in control of both houses of Congress and the
Executive Branch. Republican Governors also run 28 states.

A majority of the American voters don't believe the Democrats have a
vision.

Unfortunately, I think that Bush's comes out of the Bible; specifically,
the Book Of Revelation.

Pat
Old June 3rd 05, 04:33 AM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:19:52 -0700, in a place far, far away, Rusty
made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:26:38 +0000 (UTC),
(Eric Chomko) wrote:

The only hoax is that a Bush has a vision.

Eric

Republicans are in control of both houses of Congress and the
Executive Branch. Republican Governors also run 28 states.

A majority of the American voters don't believe the Democrats have a
vision.

No, but Eric has lots of delusi^H^H^H^H^H^H visions.
Old June 3rd 05, 04:46 AM
Anthony Marsh

Eric Chomko wrote:

Rusty ) wrote:

: Eric Chomko wrote:
: Rob Petrie ) wrote:
: : x-no-archive: yes
:
: : Needs, May 25, 1961
: :

: Then "They" shot Kennedy because he knew the Moon Landing was a hoax.

Kennedy was quite dead when we landed on the moon. The only hoax is that
a Bush has a vision.

Eric

: ;-)

: Rusty

FWIW I have heard one theory that the motive in killing Kennedy was to
move the space program from Massachusetts to Texas.
Old June 3rd 05, 05:16 AM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:39:59 -0500, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

A majority of the American voters don't believe the Democrats have a
vision.

Unfortunately, I think that Bush's comes out of the Bible; specifically,
the Book Of Revelation.

Where, exactly, in the Book of Revelation does it say that we should
send humans to the Moon and Mars, and beyond?

And if you can point it out, what's wrong with that?

Fortunately (for the world), it doesn't matter what you think.
Old June 3rd 05, 03:31 PM
Rand Simberg

On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 03:46:05 GMT, in a place far, far away, Anthony
Marsh made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a
way as to indicate that:

FWIW I have heard one theory that the motive in killing Kennedy was to
move the space program from Massachusetts to Texas.

It's worth less than nothing, since the space program was never in
Massachusetts, other than when Robert Goddard was doing private
experiments on his aunt's farm there. The manned spaceflight center
was already in Houston before Kennedy was killed. Whoever came up
with that theory was a loon.