The end of the Big Bang Theory era? (NPR, not crackpottery)

Old September 13th 11, 07:43 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

Default The end of the Big Bang Theory era? (NPR, not crackpottery)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/0...f-the-big-bang

"We live at the end of an era. We live in one of those singular moments
in history when one scientific and culturally accepted concept of cosmic
origins is fading and others, yet unproven, vie for ascendency.

We live at the twilight of the big bang."
Old September 13th 11, 07:48 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 9/13/11 1:43 PM, Yousuf Khan wrote:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/0...f-the-big-bang

"We live at the end of an era. We live in one of those singular moments
in history when one scientific and culturally accepted concept of cosmic
origins is fading and others, yet unproven, vie for ascendency.

We live at the twilight of the big bang."

"Physicists always knew we could not look beyond 13.7 billion light
years (since that was the age of the cosmos). Inflation, however added
its own twist to the idea of cosmic "horizons." Inflation theory implies
that there might be other parts of the universe that look nothing like
our own that might be in entirely different states. Most importantly, it
hinted that there might, effectively, be more than universe out there.
Thus it became possible that the big bang was simply our big bang. It
was demoted from "The Creation" down to "a creation."

Old September 13th 11, 07:59 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/0...twilight-of-th...

"We live at the end of an era. We live in one of those singular moments
in history when one scientific and culturally accepted concept of cosmic
origins is fading and others, yet unproven, vie for ascendency.

We live at the twilight of the big bang."

"Physicists always knew we could not look beyond 13.7 billion light
years (since that was the age of the cosmos). Inflation, however added
its own twist to the idea of cosmic "horizons." Inflation theory implies
that there might be other parts of the universe that look nothing like
our own that might be in entirely different states. Most importantly, it
hinted that there might, effectively, be more than universe out there.
Thus it became possible that the big bang was simply our big bang. It
was demoted from "The Creation" down to "a creation."

Our local balloon which we call our universe for as far as we can
detect, has perhaps expanded to several hundred billion light years
radii. Inside of our balloon universe remains every bit as unknown as
is the existence of other cosmic balloons.

Since you are only a mainstream status-quo parrot and thus either
can't or wouldn't dare think or deductively interpret anything for
yourself, therefore what is your limited intellectual function here,
or anywhere?

Have you ever contributed anything original?

http://translate.google.com/#
Old September 13th 11, 08:42 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
eric gisse

Yousuf Khan wrote in
:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/0...ilight-of-the-
big-bang

"We live at the end of an era. We live in one of those singular
moments in history when one scientific and culturally accepted concept
of cosmic origins is fading and others, yet unproven, vie for
ascendency.

We live at the twilight of the big bang."

There is nothing in here that is new information.
Old September 14th 11, 01:07 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
bert

On Sep 13, 3:42*pm, eric gisse wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote om:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/0...ilight-of-the-
big-bang

"We live at the end of an era. We live in one of those singular
moments in history when one scientific and culturally accepted concept
of cosmic origins is fading and others, yet unproven, vie for
ascendency.

We live at the twilight of the big bang."

There is nothing in here that is new information.

Add 8 billion years to what we now see and 22 billion to the day of
space expansion. The imperial thinkers never want to add in the time
it took mother nature to create hydrogen and helium,or how it was
first compressed. They leave out 8 billion years. They would rather
just blow it away. Get the picture TreBert
Old September 14th 11, 06:21 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
hanson

"Brad Guth" wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/09/13/140427897/the-twilight-of-the-big-bang

Brad wrote:
Our local balloon which we call our universe for as far as we can
detect, has perhaps expanded to several hundred billion light years
radii. Inside of our balloon universe remains every bit as unknown as
is the existence of other cosmic balloons.

Since you are only a mainstream status-quo parrot and thus either
can't or wouldn't dare think or deductively interpret anything for
yourself, therefore what is your limited intellectual function here,
or anywhere?
Have you ever contributed anything original, Sam?

hanson wrote:
Brad, old chum, listen to yourself. You are FUD-ing.
http://tinyurl.com/FUD-Fear-Uncertainty-Doubt
Besides, Sam takes and plays the valuable role of
being the purveyor and minnesinger for the
establishment, of/for what is "original" to him/them.

But what is original to them is of course in no way
so in your mnind, because you always promptly
post and insist just on the opposite, which in your
mind then certainly becomes "original"... ahahahaha...

Relax, Brad that is cool too!... We are not here to
make a living, although a lot of folks take their cyber
****ing contests very seriously... full well knowing
that their originality or brain farts will NOT buy them
even a single cup of coffee....
So, carry in and thanks for the laughs... ahahanson

Old September 14th 11, 06:27 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 13/09/2011 3:42 PM, eric gisse wrote:
Yousuf wrote in
:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/0...ilight-of-the-
big-bang

"We live at the end of an era. We live in one of those singular
moments in history when one scientific and culturally accepted concept
of cosmic origins is fading and others, yet unproven, vie for
ascendency.

We live at the twilight of the big bang."

There is nothing in here that is new information.

No, but there is stuff in here that is often difficult to explain while
still maintaining adherence to the existing paradigm, so it often gets
swept under the table.

Yousuf Khan
Old September 14th 11, 06:39 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Sam Wormley[_2_]

On 9/13/11 1:59 PM, Brad Guth wrote:
Our local balloon which we call our universe for as far as we can
detect, has perhaps expanded to several hundred billion light years
radii. Inside of our balloon universe remains every bit as unknown as
is the existence of other cosmic balloons.

Since you are only a mainstream status-quo parrot and thus either
can't or wouldn't dare think or deductively interpret anything for
yourself, therefore what is your limited intellectual function here,
or anywhere?

Have you ever contributed anything original?

Yup -- What's that have to do with this article?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2011/0...f-the-big-bang
Old September 14th 11, 02:08 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
jim

On Sep 13, 2:48*pm, Sam Wormley wrote:
[...]

Well, they didn't know that until 1920. So, the people who really
do
time investigations are still working on DNA technology, cloning,
self-replicating machines, and pulsed lasers.

Old September 15th 11, 02:20 AM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 14/09/2011 9:08 AM, jim wrote:
On Sep 13, 2:48 pm, Sam wrote:
"Physicists always knew we could not look beyond 13.7 billion light
years (since that was the age of the cosmos). Inflation, however added
its own twist to the idea of cosmic "horizons." Inflation theory implies
that there might be other parts of the universe that look nothing like
our own that might be in entirely different states. Most importantly, it
hinted that there might, effectively, be more than universe out there.
Thus it became possible that the big bang was simply our big bang. It
was demoted from "The Creation" down to "a creation."

Well, they didn't know that until 1920. So, the people who really
do
time investigations are still working on DNA technology, cloning,
self-replicating machines, and pulsed lasers.

Though not clearly stated in this article, one of the solutions designed
to extend and enhance the original Big Bang theory was Inflationary
theory. When Inflation was added to Big Bang, it made Big Bang plausible
again. However, people are now thinking, why do we need Big Bang *and*
Inflation at the same time, why not just have Inflation by itself? If
you have Inflation without Big Bang, then you can have multiple
Inflation events in different parts of a multiverse, each creating its
own universe.

Yousuf Khan