EINSTEINIANS AND OTHER PHYSICISTS

Old January 12th 09, 02:55 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default EINSTEINIANS AND OTHER PHYSICISTS

Other physicists:

http://www.osa.org/meetings/topicalmeetings/SL/
"We have been accustomed to thinking of the speed of light as a
constant. Yet, over the past few years, it has become clear that the
tools exist to slow down, speed up or even completely stop light
propagation. This realization has certainly had a profound impact on
the optics community from the point of view of fundamental science
and has led to the suggestion and exploration of a number of practical
applications within various areas."

Einsteinians:

"YES WE ALL BELIEVE IN RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ

"DIVINE EINSTEIN"
(No-ones as dee-vine as Albert Einstein not Maxwell, Curie, or B-o-o-
ohr!)
http://www.haverford.edu/physics-astro/songs/divine.htm

Pentcho Valev

Old January 12th 09, 03:10 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
gabydewilde

On Jan 12, 3:55*pm, Pentcho Valev wrote:
Other physicists:

http://www.osa.org/meetings/topicalmeetings/SL/
"We have been accustomed to thinking of the speed of light as a
constant. Yet, over the past few years, it has become clear that the
tools exist to slow down, speed up or even completely stop light
propagation. This realization has certainly had a profound impact on
the optics community from the *point of view of fundamental science
and has led to the suggestion and exploration of a number of practical
applications within various areas."

Einsteinians:

"YES WE ALL BELIEVE IN RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ

"DIVINE EINSTEIN"
(No-ones as dee-vine as Albert Einstein not Maxwell, Curie, or B-o-o-
ohr!)http://www.haverford.edu/physics-astro/songs/divine.htm

Pentcho Valev

Your list of Einsteinian songs needs work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5stJUhXLRQ

HAHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an6GRIecvGY

HAHAHAHAHA!!

OMFG...
Old January 12th 09, 07:03 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
Uncle Al

Pentcho Valev wrote:
[snip crap]

"We have been accustomed to thinking of the speed of light as a
constant. Yet, over the past few years, it has become clear that the
tools exist to slow down, speed up or even completely stop light
propagation.

[snip rast o crap]

1) Lightspeed is in vacuum, not "the speed of light" in a medium.
2) Refractive index and negative refractive index.
3) Phase and group velocities.
4) Lorentz invariance and particle accelerators.
5) idiot

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
Old January 12th 09, 08:37 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
Strich.9[_2_]

On Jan 12, 2:03*pm, Uncle Al wrote:
Pentcho Valev wrote:

[snip crap]

"We have been accustomed to thinking of the speed of light as a
constant. Yet, over the past few years, it has become clear that the
tools exist to slow down, speed up or even completely stop light
propagation.

[snip rast o crap]

* *1) Lightspeed is in vacuum, not "the speed of light" in a medium.
* *2) Refractive index and negative refractive index.
* *3) Phase and group velocities.
* *4) Lorentz invariance and particle accelerators.
* *5) idiot

--
Uncle Alhttp://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
*(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/lajos.htm#a2

AL-zheimer, posting from a nursing home.

Idiot AL, who has never heard of QED.
Old January 12th 09, 08:46 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
Bruce Richmond

On Jan 12, 6:55*am, Pentcho Valev wrote:
Other physicists:

http://www.osa.org/meetings/topicalmeetings/SL/
"We have been accustomed to thinking of the speed of light as a
constant. Yet, over the past few years, it has become clear that the
tools exist to slow down, speed up or even completely stop light
propagation. This realization has certainly had a profound impact on
the optics community from the *point of view of fundamental science
and has led to the suggestion and exploration of a number of practical
applications within various areas."

Einsteinians:

"YES WE ALL BELIEVE IN RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY, RELATIVITY"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PkLLXhONvQ

"DIVINE EINSTEIN"
(No-ones as dee-vine as Albert Einstein not Maxwell, Curie, or B-o-o-
ohr!)http://www.haverford.edu/physics-astro/songs/divine.htm

Pentcho Valev

We've known how to completely stop the propagation of light for years
no. Go to your room and TURN OFF THE LIGHT!
Old January 12th 09, 10:04 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
Strich.9[_2_]

On Jan 12, 3:46*pm, Bruce Richmond wrote:
[...]

no. *Go to your room and TURN OFF THE LIGHT! - Hide quoted text -

[Lookie, an imbecile trying an insult...]

Not quite so. The infra-red spectrum continues for some time :-)
Old January 12th 09, 10:32 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
RustyJames

On Jan 12, 3:04*pm, "Strich.9" wrote:
[...]

Not quite so. *The infra-red spectrum continues for some time :-)- Hide quoted text -

Lightspeed is in vacuum, not "the speed of light" in a medium.

Last time I checked a vacuum was still a medium.
Old January 12th 09, 11:19 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
Uncle Al

RustyJames wrote:
[snip]

Lightspeed is in vacuum, not "the speed of light" in a medium.

Last time I checked a vacuum was still a medium.

What is the refractive index, dispersion, and gyrotropy associated
with the "medium"? If vacuum is a medium, why is there no Faraday
effect associated with it, no Doppler shift from its movement with
respect to an observer? If vacuum is a medium, where is its inertia?

Old January 13th 09, 12:08 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
xxein[_2_]

On Jan 12, 5:32*pm, RustyJames wrote:
[...]

Last time I checked a vacuum was still a medium.- Hide quoted text -

xxein: A vacuum is the absence of a media.

What we usually call a vacuum is really an energy web between masses.
But don't believe me!

Light has a speed limit but only in (wrt) the web (universe). It can
escape to beyond the web but then maintains any speed it had once
losing it's connective posture. It could be slingshotted by mass into
the true vacuum and have a vc. There is an entropy - but it might
only seem so temporarily. It's easy to lose track of where energy
goes and/or whether it remains in connection.

There is too much we haven't considered as being logical because we
always think we know it all. It is fortified by predicatively. Um.
What was our prediction before the A-bomb? That it might destroy the
whole Earth in a chain reaction? Many thought that.

What nether-land are we in now? Our always prevailing and current
thoughts come from a belief we had in the past. We've had sparks of
change that pull us out now and then, but we still dwell in a belief.
Haven't we had enough sparks of change by now to rise above a belief
and describe our 'present' without a past belief hanging out of its
ass? I'm serious.

Do you think you know absolutely everything about gravity? I don't,
although I may be light-years ahead of you.

I'm not picking on you. I'm picking on the state of knowledge we
profoundly express without a hint that it will be provably wrong in
the future. Do you get it?

Btw, I only used your post to express this. Nothing personal. Thx.
Old January 13th 09, 01:04 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
PD

On Jan 12, 4:32*pm, RustyJames wrote:

Lightspeed is in vacuum, not "the speed of light" in a medium.

Last time I checked a vacuum was still a medium.

What on earth gave you that idea?