Fireball seen from LA area

Old January 5th 05, 02:00 AM
Skywise

Default Fireball seen from LA area

Time: 17:43 Jan 4, 2005 (0143 UTC Jan 5)

Location: LA Area, Stanton CA
-118.00 33.80

Travelling due east from zenith. Was seen out a window so only
saw ending. I saw only bright white, but mother, who called my
attention to it, saw green as well. Terminated about 30 degrees
altitude.

It appeared as bright as airplane landing lights seen head on
from about 10 miles away. (I have seen planes turning into John
Wayne about that distance)

This was not man made, was travelling way too fast.

Brian
--
http://www.skywise711.com - Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his
enemy from oppression." -- Thomas Paine

Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old January 5th 05, 06:19 PM
Gary Cavie

says...
(I have seen planes turning into John
Wayne about that distance)

Please tell me John Wayne is an airport!
Old January 5th 05, 06:34 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Gary Cavie
writes
In article ,
says...
(I have seen planes turning into John
Wayne about that distance)

Please tell me John Wayne is an airport!

John Wayne is an airport :-)
http://www.ocair.com/
--
What have they got to hide? Release the ESA Beagle 2 report.
Old January 6th 05, 08:41 AM
Skywise

Gary Cavie wrote in news:MPG.1c466cebe046bace9896a2
@news.individual.net:

Snipola
Thanks Brian - it sounds like the ideal take-off for a nervous flyer!

What is the landing approach like - as drastic, or can they drop in as
normal?

The landings aren't as exciting. Sometimes it's a short
final. That is, the planes sometimes make a sharp turn
to line up on the runway just a few miles out. It's not
like LAX where some planes are pretty much on the runway
heading for the last 25 miles. But this can happen at
almost any large airport depending on how busy the
traffic is.

I'm somewhat of a flying enthusiast. Haven't had the
opportunity to get my pilots license yet, so I content
myself with flight sims.

Brian
--
http://www.skywise711.com - Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy

"Can our form of government, our system of justice, survive if one
can be denied a freedom because he might abuse it?" -- Harlon Carter

Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?