X43 Vapor Trail

Old November 17th 04, 02:58 AM
Skywise

Default X43 Vapor Trail

Couldn't see a thing from my north Orange County, CA location
at the time of the X43 test, but when I looked outside to see
the beautiful sunset, I could see the remnants of the vapor
trail left by the pegasus booster.

There's an image in the astronomy section on my web site.

Brian
--
http://www.skywise711.com - Lasers, Seismology, Astronomy

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his
enemy from oppression." -- Thomas Paine

Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old November 17th 04, 04:47 AM
Patty Winter

Skywise wrote:
Couldn't see a thing from my north Orange County, CA location
at the time of the X43 test, but when I looked outside to see
the beautiful sunset, I could see the remnants of the vapor
trail left by the pegasus booster.

Nifty! I went outside right afterwards and didn't see anything.
It didn't occur to me to look again later.

Congratulations to NASA for a successful flight and a new speed
record for air-breathing engines.

Patty