Stars as Cool as the Human Body

Old August 24th 11, 01:48 PM posted to sci.astro
Boris Mohar[_2_]

Default Stars as Cool as the Human Body

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news..._coldeststars/
--
Boris
Old August 24th 11, 03:09 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

On Aug 24, 5:48*am, Boris Mohar wrote:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...11/23aug_colde...

6 Y class dwarfs in 40 light years, so more fractional-solar mass
bodies in an area we thought was pretty clear, where none was noted.

Less need for Dark Matter / Fluid.

David A. Smith
Old August 24th 11, 11:11 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 24/08/2011 10:09 AM, dlzc wrote:
On Aug 24, 5:48 am, Boris wrote:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...11/23aug_colde...

6 Y class dwarfs in 40 light years, so more fractional-solar mass
bodies in an area we thought was pretty clear, where none was noted.

Less need for Dark Matter / Fluid.

David A. Smith

The big problem will be if they discover one that's so close that it
could be in orbit around our Sun. The problem will be because of all of
cranks here that are into the Nemesis/Planet X hypothesis.

Yousuf Khan
Old August 25th 11, 05:15 AM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Aug 24, 5:48 am, Boris *wrote:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...11/23aug_colde....

6 Y class dwarfs in 40 light years, so more fractional-solar
mass bodies in an area we thought was pretty clear, where
none was noted.

Less need for Dark Matter / Fluid.

The big problem will be if they discover one that's so close
that it could be in orbit around our Sun. The problem will be
because of all of cranks here that are into the Nemesis /
Planet X hypothesis.

Already got one at perhaps 4x Jupiter:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.0212

*Very* long period, just need to locate it. Should be able to narrow
it down to two opposing quadrants, pretty closely.

David A. Smith
Old August 25th 11, 07:37 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 25/08/2011 12:15 AM, dlzc wrote:
Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Aug 24, 3:11 pm, Yousuf wrote:
The big problem will be if they discover one that's so close
that it could be in orbit around our Sun. The problem will be
because of all of cranks here that are into the Nemesis /
Planet X hypothesis.

Already got one at perhaps 4x Jupiter:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.0212

*Very* long period, just need to locate it. Should be able to narrow
it down to two opposing quadrants, pretty closely.

Why would they be looking for undiscovered planet creating a disturbance
in the Moon, when there are very massive well-discovered planets
(Jupiter through Neptune) more nearby to blame it on?

Yousuf Khan
Old August 29th 11, 05:40 AM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Aug 24, 3:11 pm, Yousuf *wrote:
The big problem will be if they discover one that's so close
that it could be in orbit around our Sun. The problem will be
because of all of cranks here that are into the Nemesis /
Planet X hypothesis.

Already got one at perhaps 4x Jupiter:
http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.0212

*Very* long period, just need to locate it. *Should be able to
narrow it down to two opposing quadrants, pretty closely.

Why would they be looking for undiscovered planet creating
a disturbance in the Moon, when there are very massive
well-discovered planets (Jupiter through Neptune) more
nearby to blame it on?

When you factor out the known planets, there is apparently a residual
signature of another. It won't be making a near-Earth passage anytime
soon. It won't help the those looking for conspiracy, but it is yet
more normal matter...

David A. Smith
Old August 30th 11, 03:15 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 29/08/2011 12:40 AM, dlzc wrote:
Dear Yousuf Khan:

On Aug 25, 11:37 am, Yousuf wrote:
Why would they be looking for undiscovered planet creating
a disturbance in the Moon, when there are very massive
well-discovered planets (Jupiter through Neptune) more
nearby to blame it on?

When you factor out the known planets, there is apparently a residual
signature of another. It won't be making a near-Earth passage anytime
soon. It won't help the those looking for conspiracy, but it is yet
more normal matter...

I know, maybe it's Sirius causing this anomalous pull on the Moon? Hey,
howsit going Brad.

Yousuf Khan