One good thing NASA's Earth Explorer is doing (One of very few good things)

Old March 23rd 12, 02:29 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
$27 TRILLION to pay for Kyoto

Default One good thing NASA's Earth Explorer is doing (One of very few good things)

Their Earth Explorer, in addition to being used to promote the hoax of
AGW, is being used to find more oil. Nice to see some balance at that
decrepit organization.

Old March 23rd 12, 02:37 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
columbiaaccidentinvestigation

On Mar 23, 5:29*am, "$27 TRILLION to pay for Kyoto"
wrote:
Their Earth Explorer, in addition to being used to promote the hoax of
AGW, is being used to find more oil. *Nice to see some balance at that
decrepit organization.

its called earth observations, are you claiming we should understand
other planets better than our own?
Old March 23rd 12, 08:40 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
1treePetrifiedForestLane

yeah; slightly bigger demand for that, ipso facto.
Old March 24th 12, 07:33 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur

On Mar 23, 9:41*pm, Rich wrote:
columbiaaccidentinvestigation
wrote in news:145121ea-1f3d-4e55-a3ab-
:

wrote:
Their Earth Explorer, in addition to being used to promote the hoax of
AGW, is being used to find more oil. *Nice to see some balance at that
decrepit organization.

its called earth observations, are you claiming we should understand
other planets better than our own?

Give the task to other organizations, NOT NASA.

lame argument, noaa partners with nasa, and noaa runs space weather
predictions. You seem to be a bit confused.
Old March 25th 12, 05:08 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Mar 23, 6:29*am, "$27 TRILLION to pay for Kyoto"
wrote:
Their Earth Explorer, in addition to being used to promote the hoax of
AGW, is being used to find more oil. *Nice to see some balance at that
decrepit organization.

All accessible global oil reserves are closely mapped and quantified
as is.

Exploitation investment risk is only considered if there's going to be
future competition other than the usual insider trading and market
speculation.

Deeper wells and more powerful fracking is the mainstream status-quo
for the next couple centuries of extracting hydrocarbons, with
unlimited market pricing to suit.

NASA as per usual is just blowing smoke by way of burning our hard
earned loot.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

Old March 25th 12, 05:14 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

wrote:
Their Earth Explorer, in addition to being used to promote the hoax of
AGW, is being used to find more oil. *Nice to see some balance at that
decrepit organization.

its called earth observations, are you claiming we should understand
other planets better than our own?

Give the task to other organizations, NOT NASA.

Exactly, our public funding shouldn't be utilized to benefit Big
Energy that has no intentions of sharing back any cent of profits from
our investments. If we start thinking we can trust our DARPA and
NASA, we might as well trust Hitler, GW Bush, Dick Cheney and
Kissinger again.

Old March 25th 12, 05:19 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
Brad Guth[_3_]

wrote:
Their Earth Explorer, in addition to being used to promote the hoax of
AGW, is being used to find more oil. *Nice to see some balance at that
decrepit organization.

its called earth observations, are you claiming we should understand
other planets better than our own?

Give the task to other organizations, NOT NASA.

lame argument, noaa partners with nasa, and noaa runs space weather
predictions. *You seem to be a bit confused.

That's not so bad, because you seem to be a public funded FUD-master.

NOAA isn't doing us much better good than DARPA and NASA combined.

When the private sector gets screwed, we're all getting screwed.
Obviously you oligarchs like screwing with the private sector, while
taking as much public funding as possible.

Old March 26th 12, 04:19 AM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
Rich[_4_]

Brad Guth wrote in
:

wrote:
Their Earth Explorer, in addition to being used to promote the
hoax of AGW, is being used to find more oil. *Nice to see some
balance at th

at
decrepit organization.

its called earth observations, are you claiming we should
understand other planets better than our own?

Give the task to other organizations, NOT NASA.

Exactly, our public funding shouldn't be utilized to benefit Big
Energy that has no intentions of sharing back any cent of profits from
our investments. If we start thinking we can trust our DARPA and
NASA, we might as well trust Hitler, GW Bush, Dick Cheney and
Kissinger again.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search
http://translate.google.com/#

You stupid dope. What do you suppose would happen if we ditched oil,
coal, etc? In addition to spending 50% of our income of B.S. alternate
energy, the SAME kind of corporations who run oil would run wind and
solar. Fool.
Old March 26th 12, 06:24 PM posted to alt.global-warming,sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Mar 26, 5:19*am, Rich wrote:

You stupid dope. *What do you suppose would happen if we ditched oil,
coal, etc? *In addition to spending 50% of our income of B.S. alternate
energy, the SAME kind of corporations who run oil would run wind and
solar. *Fool.

Whoah! Let's not be quite so quick to attack the dope. Wind and solar
have the almost unique ability to provide independent energy free of
the monster energy companies. Without the corrosive demand for ever
higher quarterly payments mankind could suddenly find itself severed
from the treadmill of work. No need to commute for miles merely to
keep warm and enjoy the benefits of electricity. Much of which is
wasted over very long supply cables and conversion from AC to DC in
our domestic apparatus. The world needs to save energy more than it
needs to increase energy output. Why no global home insulation drive?
Because it keeps us tied to the Big Providers. Africa is discovering
oil just as we need their dirt cheap labour to make more **** as China
becomes too expensive. Who will make the dirt cheap **** now? Robots?

Electric cars have now been touted as potential battery stores for our
homes. Take transport (too) out of the list of holds which employment
has over us and it all begins to look quite rosy. Why do we need coal
and oil when we can live independent from them? This new found freedom
should be top of the right wing political agenda if individual freedom
really is their goal for all. Imagine a world where our actual working
hours shrank back to that of the caveman? A world where self
expression and real talents could find value to society again. Instead
of being passive consumers and slaves to the treadmill we could all
lead our own lives. Instead of merely contributing to the obscenity of
the already, utterly pointlessly wealthy.

It won't happen of course. We are all too addicted to wasting our
lives away. Worshipping the infinite gradations of status and
hierarchy. Filling our empty hours by collecting worthless, ephemeral
detritus and paying to be amused by others less talented than
ourselves. Even YouTube is changing its Open Contribution policy to
something far more commercial and saleable. I blame TV for most of it.
Before TV people made things for themselves and amused themselves with
their own natural talents. CNC ended mechanical talent. TV the ability
to think for oneself. Hobbies became something other people did. While
we passively looked on. Bemused and critical by turns on our TVs. Or
scribbling semi-literate, obscene comments on YouTube.