Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old June 13th 16, 07:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 1:05:10 PM UTC-7, Notroll2016 wrote:
"Double-A" wrote in message

A nice day here in Gresham. Currently 67F as of 12:30 PM PDT. The sun is
shining! I still have to go fishing!

Double-A

*****************
Take Hagar with you and pretend his sorry ass is Fredo.

Snagging carp in a sewage lagoon is not my idea of fishing!

Nice and cool today here in Gresham. Now 60F as of 11:45 AM PDT under overcast skies. Chance of rain in the afternoon.

Double-A

Old June 14th 16, 09:42 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sun shining, but only 58F as of 1:30 PM PDT here in Gresham. Where has global warming gone? A 13 mph wind blowing out of the southwest. Rain expected later.

Flags are flying all the way down Main Street here in Gresham, it being Flag Day! Don't you just love small towns?

It appears that far from being a dread hate crime, the gay nightclub shooter was himself gay, and a long time customer of that gay bar. Seems the only appropriate new gun legislation would be to ban the sale of assault rifles to gay dudes!

Double-A

Old June 15th 16, 10:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

Cool here in Fullerton,but heat wave on the way. just starting to do a little campaining. Letting votes know who I am.Joining all the groups.Teaching kids painting,science,and weather patents .TreBert
Old June 16th 16, 08:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 2:44:12 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

Cool here in Fullerton,but heat wave on the way. just starting to do a little campaining. Letting votes know who I am.Joining all the groups.Teaching kids painting,science,and weather patents .TreBert

Now 60F as of 12:45 PM PDT here in beautiful downtown Gresham. Occasional showers. It seems to be the consensus around here that next Monday the summer solstice will trip a switch which will bring sunny weather from then on out throughout the rest of the summer!

I am planning my trip across town on Saturday to my uncle's funeral. He was always my favorite uncle when I was a kid, and he helped me out some when I was down and out too. Spending his career years in the field of electronics, he greatly inspired my interest in science and technology. I will miss him.

Double-A

Old June 17th 16, 06:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Overcast and 61F as of 10:00 AM PDT here in Gresham. Chance of rain later.

Double-A

Old June 17th 16, 07:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

***71F at Hagar's. Great chance of a real ****storm.

Old June 17th 16, 10:35 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Old June 18th 16, 09:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

"Double-A" wrote in message

Overcast and 61F as of 10:00 AM PDT here in Gresham. Chance of rain later.

Double-A

***71F at Hagar's. Great chance of a real ****storm.

90 and dry+ no wind. Broke up with Sandy for good.Making lot of friends at Fullerton senior center.Use the huge pool everyday.Take two showers each day.Shooting pool on 8' table and making some Bud light $$$ Teaching a class (part time) art.Will start up a science class with kids in middle school.. My van is getting popular,and soon it will have VOTE FOR GLAZIER SIGNS. I willwin this time.Ihave the right ideas.Iwillmake a great mayor Trebert

Real hot.Recharged the Van's air.Staying in the pool.Across the street is the library,so I'll see if any of my theories came to be. TreBert
Old June 19th 16, 08:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 1:23:14 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 2:35:49 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:

90 and dry+ no wind. Broke up with Sandy for good.Making lot of friends at Fullerton senior center.Use the huge pool everyday.Take two showers each day.Shooting pool on 8' table and making some Bud light $$$ Teaching a class (part time) art.Will start up a science class with kids in middle school. My van is getting popular,and soon it will have VOTE FOR GLAZIER SIGNS. I willwin this time.Ihave the right ideas.Iwillmake a great mayor Trebert

Real hot.Recharged the Van's air.Staying in the pool.Across the street is the library,so I'll see if any of my theories came to be. TreBert

Maybe you should teach a class in shooting pool! Sort of a hustler's finishing school!

68F and sunny as of 12:30 AM PDT here in Gresham. Expected high 78F. More good weather ahead!

Yesterday I went to Hillsboro for my favorite uncle's funeral. I could hardly believe how much older and fatter some of my relatives looked since I saw them last. I'm sure I failed to recognize some of them altogether. Really sad losing my favorite uncle, even though he was 93.

Double-A

Old June 19th 16, 09:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"Double-A" wrote in message

[...]

snip

*** say, AA, has it ever occurred to you that your relatives pretty much
stayed the same, but that you got really skinny ... after all, Dumpster
diving does not provide the daily minimum required nutrition for a body
wrecked by years of abuse and neglect ... they stayed the same ... you
lost a lot of weight ...

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM