Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old May 13th 16, 10:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 2:18:51 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 4:46:40 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Currently 80F as of 4:45 PM PDT here in Gresham. Clear blue skies.

Lunch with Kim yesterday. I showed her a book I have with one of Twittering's poems in it. What a pity she should end up as she did with all the education and high positions credited to her in her bio.

Over to locker again today. Coming back, I noticed I had gotten on the wrong train when the scenery started looking unfamiliar! What a waste of time!

Double-A

82 here in Anaheim no clouds and little wind.Been working on sandy's car she got hit in front.Radiater leak and about 5,000 in body work.Radiater big money to replace, $650 but I think I can fix it??? Its was hit and run and she only has liability.I read one third have no insurance and some no driver's lic.

Probably no green card either!

Using Phil's house and he is also helping. Got my voting site for Fullerton,and its voting time June 7 Hope the weather is good for sailing Sun,and now the boat can hold 4 easily. It can be made bigger and bigger as needed in very little time.TreBert

Currently 83F as of 2:30 PM PDT here in Gresham. Wind out of the east at 12 mph. Humidity 30%. Beautiful day.

So what do you think. Bernie or Hillary?

Double-A

Old May 14th 16, 09:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A little cooler today here in Gresham. Only 56F and calm as of 1:15 PM PDT. A few light sprinkles of rain in the air.

Farmers market is back right across from the library. Bought some fresh cheap vegetables from some farm run by Mexicans.

Bert, doesn't Sandy's insurance cover "uninsured motorists"? I was always billed for it on my coverage with no choice in the matter. I thought it was for situations like this.

Double-A

Old May 14th 16, 10:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 1:55:54 PM UTC-7, Saul Levy wrote:
THE EXALTED MEXICAN FARM WORKER ****S ON HIS FIELDS!

THAT'S WHAT CAUSED THE MESS WITH CHIPOTLE!

DON'T EAT THOSE BROWN VEGGIES!

Saul Levy

Thanks for ruining my appetite!

Double-A

Old May 14th 16, 10:41 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 1:55:54 PM UTC-7, Saul Levy wrote:
THE EXALTED MEXICAN FARM WORKER ****S ON HIS FIELDS!

THAT'S WHAT CAUSED THE MESS WITH CHIPOTLE!

DON'T EAT THOSE BROWN VEGGIES!

Saul Levy

Thanks for ruining my appetite!

Double-A

*****
Solly has it wrong. It wasn't Mexican ****, it was camel ****. He needs to
keep Fatima in her pen.

Old May 15th 16, 10:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A day much like yesterday here in Gresham, only the drizzle is heavier. 55F as of 2:00 PM PDT on this Sunday afternoon. The local church has let out, and some of the faithful have wandered over here. Wind variable. Humidity 90%.

Impatiently waiting for the blockbuster results of the Oregon Primary on Tuesday!

Double-A

Old May 16th 16, 08:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Another cool day. Drizzle has stopped. Currently 58F and calm as of 12:45 PM PDT here in Gresham under cloudy skies.

There was a good story in the "Portland Tribune" about William P. Overton, the shadowy actual founder of Portland. He first teamed up with Asa Lovejoy to stake out the land claim to what is now downtown Portland in 1843. He cut the timber to build the first post office there. Later Overton sold his land claim to Francis Pettygrove. In 1845 Pettygrove and Lovejoy made the famous toss of the coin in Oregon City to determine whether to name the new city after Lovejoys hometown of Boston, or Pettygrove's hometown of Portland, Maine. Pettygrove won the toss. Lovejoy sold his land to Benjamin Stark, who was the first to make any real money on the land.

Today we have Stark Street which comes all the way out past Gresham. We have the Lovejoy Fountain in downtown Portland. There is a Pettygrove Park. But only an obscure sidestreet is named after Overton.

Double-A

Old May 17th 16, 09:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Decision Day 2016: The Oregon Primary Election!

Of not much importance anymore. Trump has already won. Bernie is about to enjoy a landslide over Hillary here, but still a futile effort.

I remember in 1964, I think it was, when Walter Cronkite did the CBS evening news here from the Standard Plaza Building in downtown Portland, and covered the Oregon Primary. It meant much more back then. That was the same building were I got my first job after college.

I remember in 1968 when Bobby Kennedy campaigned hard here, and was seen jogging on the Oregon beaches. He lost in Oregon, but went on to win in California. But at the moment of victory, tragedy struck!

I remember my International Relations instructor at MHCC, Betty Roberts (later on the Oregon Supreme Court), who had been Oregon campaign manager for Kennedy, was so unhappy that she let us skip the midterm test that I had been up late studying for.

Different times.

Today a little warmer, 68F and mostly sunny as of 1:30 PM PDT here in Gresham. I stopped at the container redemption center and got some cash for my beer cans, then walked down to the library. I need to walk off those beer calories.

Double-A

Old May 19th 16, 09:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Lunch with Kim yesterday. No surprises in the election, except that Allen Alley, the former CEO of Pixelworks, made a surprisingly poor showing in his attempt to get the Republican nomination for Governor.

A cool day for late May. Currently only 55F as of 1:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. Light showers. Ice pellet showers in the forecast! Snow in the mountains. Where's global warming?

Double-A

Old May 19th 16, 10:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 1:23:00 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Lunch with Kim yesterday. No surprises in the election, except that Allen Alley, the former CEO of Pixelworks, made a surprisingly poor showing in his attempt to get the Republican nomination for Governor.

A cool day for late May. Currently only 55F as of 1:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. Light showers. Ice pellet showers in the forecast! Snow in the mountains. Where's global warming?

Double-A

No beach weather here all May.was asked to live in house 4 bedrooms two car garage.All free.I have to decline,but Sanda islooking at it later today. I have to live in Fullerton. TreBert
Old May 20th 16, 07:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 2:39:35 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 1:23:00 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Lunch with Kim yesterday. No surprises in the election, except that Allen Alley, the former CEO of Pixelworks, made a surprisingly poor showing in his attempt to get the Republican nomination for Governor.

A cool day for late May. Currently only 55F as of 1:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. Light showers. Ice pellet showers in the forecast! Snow in the mountains. Where's global warming?

Double-A

No beach weather here all May.was asked to live in house 4 bedrooms two car garage.All free.I have to decline,but Sanda islooking at it later today. I have to live in Fullerton. TreBert

Yes, you must preserve you eligibility for the mayorship!

Cold trend continues here too. Only 56F as of 11:45 AM PDT here in Gresham. There was a 4.9 earthquake off the Oregon coast last night!

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM