Addressing the formation of the solar system

Old April 7th 09, 06:20 AM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
BURT

Default Addressing the formation of the solar system

How do accretion discs form in a flat plane around a star?

How does the gravitational order bring matter together in the solar
plane. How then does this matter proceed to become planets?

There were trillions of lumps of matter. How did they come together
for the order of the solar system we now see?

Nobody can do it. And never will.

Mitch Raemsch
Old April 7th 09, 08:00 AM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"BURT" wrote in message
How do accretion discs form in a flat plane around a star?

How does the gravitational order bring matter together in the solar
plane. How then does this matter proceed to become planets?

There were trillions of lumps of matter. How did they come together
for the order of the solar system we now see?

Nobody can do it. And never will.

Mitch Raemsch

Gas does not come together.
It dissipates.
There is no way the solar system could have formed,
except by supernatural accomplishment.

Old April 7th 09, 08:44 AM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
Martin Brown

Mark Earnest wrote:
"BURT" wrote in message
How do accretion discs form in a flat plane around a star?

How does the gravitational order bring matter together in the solar
plane. How then does this matter proceed to become planets?

There were trillions of lumps of matter. How did they come together
for the order of the solar system we now see?

Nobody can do it. And never will.

Mitch Raemsch

Gas does not come together.
It dissipates.
There is no way the solar system could have formed,
except by supernatural accomplishment.

Gravity and conservation of angular momentum seem to work pretty well.

http://astronomyonline.org/SolarSyst...&SubCate2=SS13

Is a fairly reasonable basic introduction to the topic.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old April 7th 09, 09:16 AM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
Mark Earnest

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
Mark Earnest wrote:
"BURT" wrote in message
How do accretion discs form in a flat plane around a star?

How does the gravitational order bring matter together in the solar
plane. How then does this matter proceed to become planets?

There were trillions of lumps of matter. How did they come together
for the order of the solar system we now see?

Nobody can do it. And never will.

Mitch Raemsch

Gas does not come together.
It dissipates.
There is no way the solar system could have formed,
except by supernatural accomplishment.

Gravity and conservation of angular momentum seem to work pretty well.

http://astronomyonline.org/SolarSyst...&SubCate2=SS13

Is a fairly reasonable basic introduction to the topic.

Regards,
Martin Brown

No, YOU tell me how gas anti dissipated into the Solar System.
Don't rely on some cryptic nonsense as some kind of "explanation."

Old April 7th 09, 10:05 AM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
Mike Dworetsky

Mark Earnest wrote:
"BURT" wrote in message
[...]

No, you tell me how "Goddidit" is not a cryptic explanation first.

--
Mike Dworetsky

(Remove pants sp*mbl*ck to reply)

Old April 7th 09, 11:38 AM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
Martin Brown

Mark Earnest wrote:
"BURT" wrote in message
How do accretion discs form in a flat plane around a star?

How does the gravitational order bring matter together in the solar
plane. How then does this matter proceed to become planets?

There were trillions of lumps of matter. How did they come together
for the order of the solar system we now see?

Nobody can do it. And never will.

Mitch Raemsch
Gas does not come together.
It dissipates.
There is no way the solar system could have formed,
except by supernatural accomplishment.

Gravity and conservation of angular momentum seem to work pretty well.

http://astronomyonline.org/SolarSyst...&SubCate2=SS13

Is a fairly reasonable basic introduction to the topic.

Regards,
Martin Brown

No, YOU tell me how gas anti dissipated into the Solar System.

Gravitational attraction of mostly neutral matter, a small amount of
dissipative friction and radiative cooling of the accretion disk is all
that is needed to allow solar systems to form and planets to condense.
Gravity is the weakest magnitude force but it always attracts.

Shockwaves and excreta from nearby supernovae almost certainly played a
part in our solar systems formation - it contains far too much iron and
heavier elements to be a first generation star.

Don't rely on some cryptic nonsense as some kind of "explanation."

You mean like you do? Superstitious cryptic "just so" stories are no
"explanation" of anything.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old April 7th 09, 07:41 PM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
BURT

On Apr 6, 11:44*pm, Martin Brown
wrote:

http://astronomyonline.org/SolarSyst...tion.asp?Cate=....

Is a fairly reasonable basic introduction to the topic.

Regards,
Martin Brown- Hide quoted text -

But how do you get everything to move in the same direction.

Also why is there a plane?
Old April 7th 09, 08:33 PM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
Chris.Bee

On Apr 7, 8:41*pm, BURT wrote:

But how do you get everything to move in the same direction.

Also why is there a plane?

Dogh. Thank god for that! A thread where I feel so infinitely superior
in intelligence, wisdom and knowledge (to some of the contributors
here) that to submit any opinion would make *me* into an instant god
in my own right. Since I hate hero worship, superstition and
idolisation I had better not offer any opinion which might be written
down and cause wars, misery, poverty, hunger, overpopulation,
corruption, torture, paedophilia and all the lowest forms of knuckle
draggin', sub-uman ignorance in the far flung future. (Whoops! Nearly
forget the inevitable misogyny of the mentally and religiously
retarded) So you haven't seen me. Right? ;-)
Old April 7th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
oriel36[_2_]

On Apr 7, 7:41*pm, BURT wrote:
On Apr 6, 11:44*pm, Martin Brown
wrote:

Mark Earnest wrote:
"BURT" wrote in message
[...]

You are begging questions off a guy who will just make up whatever
story comes into his head,it is not important that his explanation is
correct or not but that you will spend time chasing rainbows and
deflect from further inquiry.

Your question is valid but does not have a definite answer however it
does have the outlines of one.The greatest observational coup in
astronomy since the use of telescopes,at least in this area,has to be
the isolation of the Formahaut solar system -

http://nbnl.globalwhelming.com/wp-co...formalhaut.jpg

First there is the off-center star with reference to the circular dust
ring indicating the possibility of the star's galactic orbital motion
but more importantly,a creation of a default elliptical
geometry.Bye,bye Isaac !.

Then there is the real bonus -

http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/astronomy/ni...formalhaut.jpg

I would love to expand further but perhaps the eggheads in Mensa can
figure out how to reference the planet off the dust ring and the
central star in order to consider a solar system's galactic orbital
influence on planetary heliocentric geometry...

Of course,people are chained to Isaac's multi-purpose ,all
singing ,all dancing,clockwork,calendar driven solar system.

Old April 7th 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.org.mensa,sci.astro,alt.astronomy,uk.sci.astronomy
BradGuth

On Apr 7, 12:00*am, "Mark Earnest" wrote:
"BURT" wrote in message

How do accretion discs form in a flat plane around a star?

How does the gravitational order bring matter together in the solar
plane. How then does this matter proceed to become planets?

There were trillions of lumps of matter. How did they come together
for the order of the solar system we now see?

Nobody can do it. And never will.

Mitch Raemsch

Gas does not come together.
It dissipates.
There is no way the solar system could have formed,
except by supernatural accomplishment.

There's always good old gravity, the electrostatic force and the
magnetic force of attraction, in addition to just the natural process
of recombining and subsequent crystal growth of matter (aka black
diamond).

~ BG