Now, about those arsenic-based lifeforms

Old December 9th 10, 09:45 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Default Now, about those arsenic-based lifeforms

Remember how much trouble I got in for saying that I thought NASA skews
its research results to get more funding?
Well, guess what?: http://www.slate.com/id/2276919/

Pat

Old December 9th 10, 05:23 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 12/9/2010 1:45 AM, Pat Flannery wrote:
Remember how much trouble I got in for saying that I thought NASA skews
its research results to get more funding?
Well, guess what?: http://www.slate.com/id/2276919/

And some more on that:
http://www.aolnews.com/science/artic...lling/19752261

"Lots of flim-flam, but very little reliable information," Redfield
wrote on her blog. "I don't know whether the authors are just bad
scientists or whether they're unscrupulously pushing NASA's 'There's
life in outer space' agenda."

Pat
Old December 11th 10, 05:30 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Dr.Colon Oscopy

And some more on that:http://www.aolnews.com/science/artic...rsenic-finding...

"Lots of flim-flam, but very little reliable information," Redfield
wrote on her blog. "I don't know whether the authors are just bad
scientists or whether they're unscrupulously pushing NASA's 'There's
life in outer space' agenda."

Pat

I read Davies book (The Eerie Silence) this summer, and consider it a
solidly thought out hypothesis, Indeed Wolf-Simons work is mentioned
(Davies and Wolf Simoned-Simons have have been sometime coauthors,
along with others, of several such papers) No life survives in a
vacuum (tongue firmly in cheek) and in this regard "Shadow Bioshphers"
I beleive should be given the same leeway as other Seti type
projects. Wolf-Simon's press conference came across to me as if she
was overly confident in already talking about "her" legendary finding
(my subjective input) and her discovery seems to indicate, a bit of a
quick grab at the footlights. The potential for Shadow Bioshperes
deserve at least the same attention that other Seti projects have
garnered, and any findings should reflect the same rigoruous reviews
and filters the Seti data is put through!!................Doc
Old December 11th 10, 08:36 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Hop

On Dec 9, 2:45*am, Pat Flannery wrote:
Remember how much trouble I got in for saying that I thought NASA skews
its research results to get more funding?
Well, guess what?:http://www.slate.com/id/2276919/

Pat

I was saying you can't judge every person in a group by the behavior
of a few.

In particular you were suggesting the centrifuge module was grounded
from the ISS because of a NASA conspiracy to deceive the public.

If you can find any evidence for this conspiracy, please provide it.
Sorry, the link you give still doesn't do the job.
Old December 11th 10, 10:19 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Dec 11, 12:36*pm, Hop wrote:
On Dec 9, 2:45*am, Pat Flannery wrote:

Remember how much trouble I got in for saying that I thought NASA skews
its research results to get more funding?
Well, guess what?:http://www.slate.com/id/2276919/

Pat

I was saying you can't judge every person in a group by the behavior
of a few.

In the case of our public funded DARPA and NASA, yes you can.

~ BG