ASTRO: Pleiades

Old December 9th 06, 05:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Jon Christensen

Default ASTRO: Pleiades

Here's a photo of M45 I took a couple of weeks ago. A larger version and
image details are here on my website:

http://www.christensenastroimages.com/clusters/m45.htm

Jon Christensen

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	m45_2006_11_25.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	215
Old December 9th 06, 07:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Now that's a great "dirty" picture!
My mind works in funny ways after days on clouds and snow.
Rick

Old December 9th 06, 10:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"Jon Christensen" wrote in message
Here's a photo of M45 I took a couple of weeks ago. A larger version
and image details are here on my website:

http://www.christensenastroimages.com/clusters/m45.htm

Jon Christensen

Wow, that has an incredible amount of detail in the dust clouds. I've been
playing with it in photoshop CS, and there is a lot more data in there to
be pulled out. A lot more! I guess it's just a matter of what you want to
do with it. As far as I'm concerned, that has to be one of the images of
the year. I'm thoroughly humbled. Nice work, Jon.

George

Old December 9th 06, 12:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Johnny Borborigmi

On 2006-12-09 00:50:08 -0500, "Jon Christensen" said:

Here's a photo of M45 I took a couple of weeks ago. A larger version
and image details are here on my website:

http://www.christensenastroimages.com/clusters/m45.htm

Jon Christensen

begin 666 m45_2006_11_25.jpg

end

Very NICE!

Old December 9th 06, 05:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Jon Christensen

What kind of clouds were you on? :-)

Old December 9th 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Jon Christensen

Thanks, Johnny!

Jon Christensen

Old December 9th 06, 09:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Beautiful, Jon. I don't think that I have seen the brownish dust surrounding
the blue part of the nebula that good before.

Stefan

Old December 10th 06, 08:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Jon Christensen" wrote
Here's a photo of M45 I took a couple of weeks ago........

Wonderful view Jon! You and the Tak did good!

I have to agree with Stefan, there's more nebulosity in this picture than
I've seen before.

George N

The Pleiades callisto Amateur Astronomy 0 January 8th 06 07:16 AM
The Pleiades callisto Amateur Astronomy 0 January 8th 06 07:05 AM
Why Seven Pleiades? [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 100 August 18th 05 11:56 AM
Pleiades TMA Amateur Astronomy 5 December 19th 04 05:28 AM
pleiades Alejo Amateur Astronomy 9 October 4th 03 02:46 AM