Mars Exploration Rovers Update - May 6, 2004

Old May 14th 04, 06:22 AM
Seventh Book

Default Mars Exploration Rovers Update - May 6, 2004

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"Seventh Book" wrote in message
om...

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"Seventh Book" wrote in message
m...

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"Terry Lynn Sadler" wrote in message
m...

"George" wrote in message

"Terry Lynn Sadler" wrote in message
news
"Jerry Petrey @raytheon.com" "jdpetreyNOSPAM wrote in

message

George wrote:

"Sir Charles W. Shults III" wrote

in
message
m...
Then I guess you don't want to see the trilobite.
http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm
Oh well.

Cheers!

Sir Charles W. Shults III

I think you see what you want to see.

How true. Kind of reminds me of the old joke about the guy

taking
an
ink
blot
test from a psychiatrist -
For every image, he saw something related to sex. The doctor

said
"It's
obvious that you are obsessed with sex." The man replied,

"Me?
But
Doc,
you're the one showing me the dirty pictures".

Jerry

Ya know I was thinking that most people I have talked to seem

want
wait till NASA says the *word* well why do we have to wait for

NASA
say
the *word* and what makes them such experts?

Well, actually, they are the experts.

I mean I was sitting here
reading all this stuff and the thought accurd that we are like

little
lambs
heading off to god knows where with people that we don't trust

but
is
GOD
of some sorts to many here on this planet............I was also
thinking
that even though they were the first to the moon doesn't make

them
more
knowledgeable the we are.........

Have you ever been to the moon? No? I rest my case.

why do we give up that part of the brain
that says ok NASA whatever you say? but when someone FINDS

something
that
isn't NASA approved then everyone will go and fight NASA's
battles..go
figure..........I think allot of people out here or there have

giving
up
there rights to free thoughts until SOMEONE tells them its ok

believe
that..
I am glad once again to have a free thought.........

It has nothing to with whether it is "NASA approved" or not.

There
are
many of
us here who are experts in various fields of geology. But none

of
us
are
expert
in all fields. That is why NASA and JPL put together teams of

the
brightest
minds from all relevant fields for these projects. They are not
without
their
critics. Who is? If they are wrong, they will be proven wrong.

If
you
can
prove them wrong, you are free to do so. But you had better have
relevant
data
to back up your claims. Having said that, there are two chances

of
Chuckie
Cheese ever proving them wrong about anything: slim and none.

...and CHEERS to you SIR CHARLES on your

Discovery.............keep
the
faith ..........many are behind you all the way.

He hasn't discovered anything. He's a lonely troll.

seems to me that nasa hasn't been to the moon

either..............only
few men have and they weren't experts either...

Actually, they were all experts. At least one of them, like

Harrison
Schmitt,
were geologists trained in Lunar geology.

and some ppl can have a great
deal of knowledge in all fields. but of course your not one of

them.

You have no idea.

I wonder where the space program would be if it weren't for the

little
man
anyways.

Not very far. But that has nothing to do with this discussion, does

it?

ya know the ones without a degree ?

Well, thank God for janitors. Right?

well of course it does....has alot to do with this

conversation.......your
belittling Sir Charles Shutls III He has done alot toward science and

AI
work....

That's just great. Maybe he can build the next Mars rover. But he

should
stop
pretending that he is a geologist, because he obviously doesn't have a

clue
about the subject.

but then maybe you haven't read any of his papers that are online.
http://www.xenotechresearch.com

Papers? On that web page? Bhwhahahahahaha! Get real.

His benefactor Nelson Ying has done alot of work in Physics and Cold

Fusion
which seems to be heading into mainstream thought these days from

what I
read. but I digress.

Who the **** are you kidding? Cold Fusion? Mainstream? I've got some

swamp
land in Florida I can sell you cheaply, if you buy into that hogwash!

One would have to believe in just one persons opinion from NASA is

that
*god
like status*? . For me I don't believe alot of the noise NASA says
anymore...sort like the boy that cried wolf to many times.
NASA seems to have forgotten what it is for. It is for people like me

and
you that want to know whets out there beyond this planet....so far in

the
last 30 yrs we have gone to the moon with rovers and then men and to

mars
with only rovers. and FLEW by the other planets.

And you think that was easy? That these weren't great accomplishments.

Pardon
me for saying so, but where is YOUR spaceship?

I should think we should have already had a station on the moon. and

not
worry about a orbiter space station ..that could fall back to

earth....
but again I digress. With all the images from NASA and not one person

from
there to say ya know....that looks like a plant life or a animal

....is
beyond me ...why cant they just say yeah it is and move on.....its

not
like
the country will vanish.

You apparently watch too much twilight zone, and think it is a science
documentary.

they never seem to know what the left hand is doing or the right hand

for
that fact. so if no one seems to know what they are doing why should

trust
what they have to tell me . I wonder if the school need janitors NASA

has
plenty of people that are qualified.

you may tear apart anything I have to say which seems to be your way.

it
doesn't matter. if you want to know more about Nelson Ying and Sir

Charles
Shutls like I did I went online and found things out for myself . I

didn't
have to listen to what the *others* say. here is the newest page from

his
site take a look http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsw5.htm

****z is an idiot, and illiterate in geology. And so are you. Case

closed.

JP. Well I think maybe its time for a overhaul on alot of

things.
NASA needs to get its self out of the secret service and back to why it

is
here to begin with it.
If NASA is all that it is then I think we are heading for alot of

problems
down the road. NASA Is a PEOPLES space program. I think they have

forgotten
that somewhere down the line alot of money does change the heart of

anyone
or any company after a bit of time. I'm saying that maybe if there was
competition from another group or company it would serve NASA as well as

the
other company or group in keeping each of them honest with the people

they
are suppose to serve NASA did forget that. ]
I remember when AT&T broke up it opened a whole new avenue for

alot
of companies to serve the people. if we can do that to NASA then I think

the
people would be better served. we need to get to one place and then work
toward another. If we spent the money lets say to go the moon and build

science station there that would serve the people. then we could launch
crafts from there. to go to mars and bring back the samples to the moon
where they could be scrutinized and researched. without having some kind

of
*something* brought here that might be harmful. but that is my humble
opinion. Something that bothers me is where is

Shuttle-C
and have they done anything to ready the problems of the shuttle
program....seems that NASA has its handful no matter where it turns

these
days they make promises and either it blows up in their face or they

don't
come thru. this even though I know its a remarkable thing that WE as

PEOPLE
have accomplished going to Mars and looking at it and viewing the images
tells us alot.but NASA seems to think its ALL THEM and not US. this is

what
I mean. they work for US we pay thru taxes to fund that program. what

would
they do if we stopped? I think maybe that its going to be a short time
before another space company will form and be separate from NASA and

what
will they do then. I know for me I would want to see another space

program
going the one we got now is rather feeble. we should be so much farther
ahead of where we are now its sad to think that when I was younger alot

of
promises where made and none came thru. but a manned space flight to the
moon. SO where is the others?.

And george you need to seek a life. maybe on MARS.....would suit you

better

thanks for your response JP.

Seventh book: I like my life fine. But thanks for your concern. I don't
disagree that NASA has problems. I also don't disagree that competition

would
be healthy. But that has nothing to do with whether there are trilobites

on
Mars. As a geologist published in the Journal of Paleontology, and having
examined ever published photograph to date from the MERs, I can tell you

with no
uncertainty that there are not now, nor have there ever been trilobites or
sponges living on Mars. These are creatures that evolved here on earth

and
live(d) in specific environments (ones that have never been found anywhere

else,
I might add). I would suggest that you seek another profession, as

geology
obviously is not one that suits you.

george you need to get glasses ok ? cause whether you like or not THERE IS A
TRILOBITE and MORE on MARS............so much for your geology
education......i have been studing fossils all my life.....rasied out in
the desert our west we tend to see fossils every day......and like i
said.......your degree doesnt impress me at all........just like NASA guys
with all their little letters at the end of their name doesnt impress me one
bit. what would impress me would be to see NASA tell the truth.......for
ONCE......and not do the song and dance rutine all the time its getting
old...

and Georgy look into seeking new glasses please because if you are what you
say you are then i would EMBARRASSED to even say that its not probable. For
everyone know LIFE will SURVIVE ....not just here but elsewhere
too......PHYSICS says so........and that my dear georgy is fact ......

Old May 14th 04, 06:24 AM
Greg Crinklaw

Seventh Book wrote:
NASA needs to get its self out of the secret service and back to why it is
here to begin with it.
If NASA is all that it is then I think we are heading for alot of problems
down the road. NASA Is a PEOPLES space program.

God you are clueless. The first clue you are an idiot is that you use
NASA as a noun. This isn't some sci-fi fantasy or computer game. The
people involved a real, I can assure you. When it comes to the science
team, they are real scientists--individuals who make a difference in the
real world, unlike you and unlike the idiot with the trilobites.

isn't good enough for you. Or is it the other way around... I'll see
you on the street (you'll be the one mumbling to yourself).

Another *PLONK* for another loser.

And if you are just trolling, I hope you enjoyed the show. So you are a
lonely loser idiot then with nothing better to do. Either way I'm not
going to be reading your response.

Old May 14th 04, 06:42 AM
Seventh Book

well that is one out of the way.........serveral thousand to go........and i
thought this was gonna be a bad day.

for more info on the trilobites please to go
http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm

where you will see a trilobite.....and a terrestial one next to it....now
tell me that isnt one ......oh wait you will cause your degree will not let
you chang your mind......* george* and Greg dear.....with all your two
brains cells put together i find it hard to beleive that your still
active......and not some scientist guinie pig......oh wait maybe you were
that is why you are the way you are......cant blame genetics /or can we ?
well whatever the case your a sad human specimen

Old May 14th 04, 08:41 AM
George

"Seventh Book" wrote in message
.com...

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"Seventh Book" wrote in message
om...

"George" wrote in message
.. .

"Seventh Book" wrote in message
m...

.. .

George wrote:

[...]

Apparently the desert heat has pickled your brain.

and like i
said.......your degree doesnt impress me at all........just like NASA guys
with all their little letters at the end of their name doesnt impress me one
bit. what would impress me would be to see NASA tell the truth.......for
ONCE......and not do the song and dance rutine all the time its getting
old...

and Georgy look into seeking new glasses please because if you are what you
say you are then i would EMBARRASSED to even say that its not probable. For
everyone know LIFE will SURVIVE ....not just here but elsewhere
too......PHYSICS says so........and that my dear georgy is fact ......

It is not only not probable, it is not possible. But if believing that
trilobites and sponges exist on Mars helps you get up in the morning, then go
right ahead. Be my guest. Live whatever delusion you care to live in. Just
don't expect anyone to believe you or to take you seriously.

Old May 14th 04, 08:45 AM
George

"Seventh Book" wrote in message
.com...
well that is one out of the way.........serveral thousand to go........and i
thought this was gonna be a bad day.

for more info on the trilobites please to go
http://www.xenotechresearch.com/marsx.htm

where you will see a trilobite.....and a terrestial one next to it....now
tell me that isnt one ......oh wait you will cause your degree will not let
you chang your mind......* george* and Greg dear.....with all your two
brains cells put together i find it hard to beleive that your still
active......and not some scientist guinie pig......oh wait maybe you were
that is why you are the way you are......cant blame genetics /or can we ?
well whatever the case your a sad human specimen

For information on how to classify fossils, how to describe them, report their
discovery, and get them accepted by the scientific community, I address your
attention to the following abstract. If you are a dues-paying member, you can
read the entire report:

http://www.bioone.org/bioone/?reques...e=06&page=1072

Try getting you "trilobite accepted in any professional publication. I'll stand
aside and laugh while you try.

Old May 14th 04, 01:06 PM
ILT

"George" wrote in message ...
Seventh book: I like my life fine. But thanks for your concern. I don't
disagree that NASA has problems. I also don't disagree that competition would
be healthy. But that has nothing to do with whether there are trilobites on
Mars. As a geologist published in the Journal of Paleontology, and having
examined ever published photograph to date from the MERs, I can tell you with no
uncertainty that there are not now, nor have there ever been trilobites or
sponges living on Mars. These are creatures that evolved here on earth and
live(d) in specific environments (ones that have never been found anywhere else,
I might add). I would suggest that you seek another profession, as geology
obviously is not one that suits you.

Sad. BTW, there;'s a new movie you should see - Thunderstruck.
Old May 14th 04, 04:29 PM
Jerry Petrey

George wrote:

Jesus H. Christ. When one idiot pops up, an entire symphonic orchestra of
idiots join in the fray.

Yeah, It's amazing how many uninformed followers certain kooks can get - remember
Jim Jones?

Old May 14th 04, 07:59 PM
George

"ILT" wrote in message
om...
"George" wrote in message
[...]

Are you talking about ACDC, or what? I haven't heard of this movie.

Old May 14th 04, 10:23 PM
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 14 May 2004 03:41:27 -0400) it happened "George"
wrote in :

and Georgy look into seeking new glasses please because if you are what you
say you are then i would EMBARRASSED to even say that its not probable. For
everyone know LIFE will SURVIVE ....not just here but elsewhere
too......PHYSICS says so........and that my dear georgy is fact ......

It is not only not probable, it is not possible.

I dunno about trilobites, but LIFE is on mars.
The pics show it.
You must be braindead not to see it.
So, LIFE is on mars, not in you then, seems you have a problem ;-)
Geology my foot, I am posting from sci.astro
Why quote all previous posts?
A true geologist would think 3 times, and REALLY look at the pics
before he made statements that there was no LIFE on mars.
And a good scientist would have arguments (you do not provide any),
in stead of insults.
So I agree with the previous poster that you need to get a LIFE ;-)
JP