Dennis Wingo the Engineering Idiot is Afraid of Change!

Old February 17th 08, 10:13 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
kT

Default Dennis Wingo the Engineering Idiot is Afraid of Change!

Dennis Wingo on NASASpaceflight.com :

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/for...1586&start=436

"for some reason NASA does not want to buy any hardware anymore. Oh the
SRB's ET and other STS elements would be virtually unchanged. Change
costs money and that is something that we want to avoid. No VAB changes,
no pad changes, or at least minimal ones and we can even use the OPF
facility virtually unchanged."

Change costs money and that is something we want to avoid.

This from the guy who still refuses to believe in global warming. This
is the guy that brought us VSE and ESAS, lied about EELV black zones,
and now he and his buddy John ****burger want to bring us the Shuttle C!

Let me clue you in Mr. Wingo, change is well underway, thank you :

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

As you can see, **** costs money.
Old February 17th 08, 10:21 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
Vince Morgan

"kT" wrote in message
Dennis Wingo on NASASpaceflight.com :

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/for...1586&start=436

"for some reason NASA does not want to buy any hardware anymore. Oh the
SRB's ET and other STS elements would be virtually unchanged. Change
costs money and that is something that we want to avoid. No VAB changes,
no pad changes, or at least minimal ones and we can even use the OPF
facility virtually unchanged."

Change costs money and that is something we want to avoid.

This from the guy who still refuses to believe in global warming. This
is the guy that brought us VSE and ESAS, lied about EELV black zones,
and now he and his buddy John ****burger want to bring us the Shuttle C!

Let me clue you in Mr. Wingo, change is well underway, thank you :

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

As you can see, **** costs money.

That may be because they realize it's all well and truly redundant anyway.

Old February 17th 08, 06:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
BradGuth

And yet you still believe our NASA/Apollo wizards walked on our moon,
and that there's no chance of intelligent other life as having ever
been existing/coexisting on Venus. Go figure.
.. - Brad Guth

Old February 18th 08, 04:07 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
Matt

is the guy that brought us VSE and ESAS,

Dennis Wingo will be thrilled beyond description that you are
crediting a small space company contractor with creating the nation's
current space program. Who knew he controlled NASA?

Old February 18th 08, 06:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
kT

On Feb 17, 10:07 pm, Matt wrote:
is the guy that brought us VSE and ESAS,

Dennis Wingo will be thrilled beyond description that you are
crediting a small space company contractor with creating the nation's
current space program. Who knew he controlled NASA?

Dennis is a neocon from the old days, he's been around.

Ok, maybe it was Rand Simberg, he worked on OSP, right?

I feel personally responsible for the entire NASP fiasco myself.

But I do feel that I vindicated myself with the SLI, but look what
came of that? I think they were totally on the right track with the
Delta Clipper or DC-X, what happened to that? $60 piddly million
bucks. What about this $174 million bucks going down on Tuesday, what
do you think will come of that? Another Delta II clone, or some kind
of Boeing craft?

As far as Dennis and his new 'craze', if the Shuttle C hasn't made it
in 30 years, it just ain't gonna happen. And I won't let it happen
unless he uses RS-68s anyways. My working group already has a shuttle
C using the retired orbiter skids and a pair of RS-68s on the drawing
board all last summer, and sure it will work, but what's the point?

You're looking at what, 3 fights, and if he's talking about stripping
them down anyways, one could do just as well with my single SSME
system, and that has a very clear path to LRB booster assistance and
full reusability, with the associated very high flight rates (one per
week).

We just plain don't need heavy lift, and we don't need a human
exploration program at this point. We can't afford it, and we need to
greatly expand the LEO system we already have in place, including an
equatorial commercial second generation space station, with solar
power satellite and solar powered closed ecological life support
systems demonstration, and a far more robust Earth and near Earth
asteroid observation program. The shuttle C or anything SRB derived is
a waste of valuable resources, we need to focus on reusability and
unmanned cryogenic light launchers, and start flying small capsules on
the fine Air Force funded vehicles we have in our inventory, simply
for the experience. We're starting the space race all over, with a
very fine set of assets, that we can use just long enough to create
the second generation systems from the mistakes that we made the first
time.

Change is good. Change is the requirement.
Old February 20th 08, 06:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
QuantumSam

It's not that he (or I ) doesn't believe in Global Warming, it's that
we understand that most of the ongoing warming is due to the increase
in energy output of the Sun. By the way, that energy heats the oceans
and the warmer oceans release carbon dioxide (the same way your warm
soda loses its fizz). Theses FACTS are supported by the historical
record that shows warming leading increased CO2 levels.

Aren't facts (the true ones) inconvenient?

Last fact -- we still aren't as warm as 400 years ago (back when they
made wine in Greenland and England)

Old February 20th 08, 07:10 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
Androcles[_8_]

"QuantumSam" wrote in message
| It's not that he (or I ) doesn't believe in Global Warming, it's that
| we understand that most of the ongoing warming is due to the increase
| in energy output of the Sun.

The sun hasn't changed its energy output.
Put a reflector between you and the fire as you approach
and you'll be comfortable. Move away as you turn the reflector
aside and you'll still be comfortable.
The Earth precesses with a 26,000 year cycle and is in an
elliptical orbit. Antarctica is the reflector. Not much anyone
can do about it except go and live in Greenland.

Old February 20th 08, 10:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
kT

On Feb 20, 12:45 pm, QuantumSam wrote:

It's not that he (or I ) doesn't believe in Global Warming, it's that
we understand that most of the ongoing warming is due to the increase
in energy output of the Sun.

You understand nothing. Wingo in particular is blinded by his vanity.

By the way, that energy heats the oceans
and the warmer oceans release carbon dioxide (the same way your warm
soda loses its fizz). Theses FACTS are supported by the historical
record that shows warming leading increased CO2 levels.

That explains the isotopic distributions? You're an idiot.

Aren't facts (the true ones) inconvenient?

There are no 'facts' in science, this your facts are nonsense.

Last fact -- we still aren't as warm as 400 years ago (back when they
made wine in Greenland and England)

Who's we? That has recently been refuted by the careful study of ice
domes on Baffin Island.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0128113831.htm

Really, you have a vanity problem that blinds you to your ignorance,
you are unskilled and unaware of it :

http://www.apa.org/journals/features/psp7761121.pdf

Dennis Wingo in particular, is a fascist, and an outright liar.

Not a particularly credible combination in science.

Old February 21st 08, 12:09 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
Jim Davis

kT wrote:

Wingo in particular is blinded by his vanity.

Oh, have mercy on my poor irony meter!

Jim Davis

Old February 21st 08, 12:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.environment,sci.physics
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 00:09:20 -0000, in a place far, far away, Jim
Davis made the phosphor on my monitor glow
in such a way as to indicate that:

kT wrote:

Wingo in particular is blinded by his vanity.

Oh, have mercy on my poor irony meter!

Well, now we know who isn't in Jim Davis' killfile...

My irony meter doesn't have to stand up to such abuse...