OT- Oh, dear God....

Old June 16th 09, 04:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy,Sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Default OT- Oh, dear God....

Remember those great looking "cars of the future" in all the sci-fi
movies and ads?
Well, behold "The Car Of The Future", circa 2009:
http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/
And if you think _that_ looks bad, stick a spoiler on the aft roof in
the "Krom" model.
("Conan will not buy Cube... Conan will slay designers of Krom Cube in a
river of blood.")
Thank you very much, but I'll take a Spinner.

Pat
Old June 16th 09, 05:26 AM posted to sci.space.policy,Sci.space.history
Scott Stevenson

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 22:59:37 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

Remember those great looking "cars of the future" in all the sci-fi
movies and ads?
Well, behold "The Car Of The Future", circa 2009:
http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/
And if you think _that_ looks bad, stick a spoiler on the aft roof in
the "Krom" model.
("Conan will not buy Cube... Conan will slay designers of Krom Cube in a
river of blood.")
Thank you very much, but I'll take a Spinner.

Pat

For some bizarre reason, it reminds me of an updated "Homer"
http://conversationagency.files.word..._bisquertt.jpg

take care,
Scott

Old June 16th 09, 06:06 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Scott Stevenson wrote:
For some bizarre reason, it reminds me of an updated "Homer"
http://conversationagency.files.word..._bisquertt.jpg

To me, it looks like a PT Cruiser after it suffered severe radiation
damage during gestation, and was born in a seriously deformed and
mutated state.
You know, three arms on one side, none on the other.
What the hell is the point of putting a tiny spoiler on something that
has the aerodynamic finesse of a giant shoebox?
I'm still trying to figure if I hate the design of this or the Aztek
worse...I think the Aztek might win by a hair, as there is something
_subtlety_ horrifying about it, like in a H.P. Lovecraft story... a
twisted and unwholesome geometry inflicted upon mankind by something
from another dimension where 2+2=Pi.
At least with the Cube the ugliness is all up-front and obvious. You
don't have to sit around and consider "Why would anyone make a split
rear window in a _horizontal_ direction?". When they unveiled the Aztek
the effect on the crowd was very similar to the first time they saw the
"Homer".
First the dead silence...then the disbelief and gasps...then the laughter.
With the Cube, it would just be the laughter followed by a profound
sense of pity for Nissan.
If the Cube is the answer, I shudder to think what the question was. :-D

Pat
Old June 16th 09, 06:25 AM posted to sci.space.policy,Sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

OM wrote:
...What the frack is with that rear window?

That's Blohm und Voss meets car design:
http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/wiki...Bv141_rear.jpg

Pat
Old June 16th 09, 03:42 PM posted to sci.space.history
Neil Gerace[_3_]

Pat Flannery wrote:

To me, it looks like a PT Cruiser after it suffered severe radiation
damage during gestation, and was born in a seriously deformed and
mutated state.

A normal PT Cruiser also looks that way