Nationwide Impeachment Protests April 28, 2007

Old April 28th 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.astrology,alt.prophecies.nostradamus,alt.tarot,alt.paranormal.reincarnation,sci.astro
GW Bush: War Criminal[_2_]

Default Nationwide Impeachment Protests April 28, 2007

Nationwide Impeachment Protests April 28, 2007
http://www.a28.org/

"George Bush and Dick Cheney have lied the nation into a war of
aggression, are spying in open violation of the law, and have sanctioned
the use of torture. These are high crimes and misdemeanors that demand
accountability. Since Congress doesn't seem to get it, on April 28
Americans from Miami, Florida to North Pole, Alaska are going to spell
it out for them: IMPEACH!"

"Use the new ImpeachMap below to find out what's going on in your area,
post a new action, or find people to team up with. Complete instructions
beneath the map." http://www.communitywalk.com/a28

--
http://stopiranwar.com
Old April 28th 07, 04:20 AM posted to alt.astrology,alt.prophecies.nostradamus,alt.tarot,alt.paranormal.reincarnation,sci.astro
Merlyn Blaize

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:51:03 -0400, (GW Bush: War
Criminal) wrote:

Nationwide Impeachment Protests April 28, 2007
http://www.a28.org/

"George Bush and Dick Cheney have lied the nation into a war of
aggression, are spying in open violation of the law,

snip

Quick q: Is it actually possible to "spy" in _open_ violation of
anything? If you're that open about it, it's not spying, it's
downright voyeuristic eavesdropping. Not that I think that makes it
any better, of course.
Old April 28th 07, 10:56 AM posted to alt.astrology,alt.prophecies.nostradamus,alt.tarot,alt.paranormal.reincarnation,sci.astro
(David P.)

From: (David Polewka)
Newsgroups: sci.econ, tx.guns, alt.activism
Subject: Non-military response to terrorism
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001

The first thing we need to do is decriminalize narcotics.
This will devalue the cash crops the Taliban and other
extremists use to finance their operations.
[...]
=============================

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18357411/

Poppies fuel Taliban's return in Afghanistan

U.S. military refocuses efforts to eradicate
$3 billion opium trade

By Jim Maceda, Correspondent NBC News
Updated: 7:40 p.m. ET April 27, 2007

NANGAHAR, Afghanistan - Last year's record harvest -
with a street value of more than $3 billion - is
barely a start.

It's harvest time in Nangahar, and rich green
poppies blanket the province. This is opium country,
and some U.S. commanders fear these fields could
ultimately defeat their efforts here.

Today, America's new "drug czar" here, Lt. Col.
Rick Kaiser, pointed out the problem: an illegal
raw opium market. Taking on the drug traffickers
is critical. It's their money financing the
resurgent Taliban fighters.

So now, the U.S. Army - long distracted by the war
in Iraq - is shifting attention to counter-narcotics,
but is it too late to prevent Afghanistan from
becoming a narco-terrorist state?

"Afghanistan is a narco-state," says retired Army
Gen. Barry McCaffrey, an NBC News analyst. "It's
the biggest one in the history of the world - it's
a $3 billion-a-year crop."

The Afghan government's attempts to eradicate poppies
so far have been inefficient. It is slow, labor-
intensive work, and even the local governor admits
he'll need to find more aggressive ways to just put
a dent in this year's poppy harvest.

"Corruption is the biggest problem, Gul Aga Sherrzai,
governor of Nangahar, says. "I dismissed 20 officials
because they were taking bribes."

The temptation is huge. Raw opium earns farmers $100
a pound - that's 100 times more than for the same
size bag of wheat.

One farmer says he has no choice.

"People can do what they want with opium in the West -
for us the poppy means survival," the farmer says.

Recently, angry farmers threw stones at eradication
police, who fired back, killing one villager. So the
U.S. military is experimenting with job programs like
building cobblestone roads. But the wages can't compete
with the poppies. Already, U.S. commanders are
predicting that this year's harvest will be bigger yet,
making victory in Afghanistan even more questionable.
..
..

Old April 28th 07, 02:33 PM posted to alt.astrology,alt.prophecies.nostradamus,alt.tarot,alt.paranormal.reincarnation,sci.astro
Merlyn Blaize

On 28 Apr 2007 02:56:01 -0700, "(David P.)"
wrote:

The first thing we need to do is decriminalize narcotics.
This will devalue the cash crops the Taliban and other
extremists use to finance their operations.

I'm telling you, all you need to do is get someone who has access to
gene-splicing equipment. It's not common, but it's not all that rare,
either. Surely *someone* in the halls of science has a pro-pot bone
in their body. Have them insert the genes from the plants that
produce things like THC, opium, etc.... etc... etc... into the humble
dandelion, and _ALL_ drug arguments will be off. I mean, as we all
know, there is _no_ exterminating the humble dandelion. They'd
propagate quickly and once the public caught on, all they'd need to do
for a high is go out into the back yard & pick the pretty little
yellow poseys....

whatcha' think? :-)
Old April 28th 07, 06:04 PM posted to alt.astrology,alt.prophecies.nostradamus,alt.tarot,alt.paranormal.reincarnation,sci.astro
Perseid

After Much Chewing of Cud and Cogitation, Merlyn Blaize
Spat the Words

wrote:

The first thing we need to do is decriminalize narcotics.
This will devalue the cash crops the Taliban and other
extremists use to finance their operations.

I'm telling you, all you need to do is get someone who has access to
gene-splicing equipment. It's not common, but it's not all that rare,
either. Surely *someone* in the halls of science has a pro-pot bone
in their body. Have them insert the genes from the plants that
produce things like THC, opium, etc.... etc... etc... into the humble
dandelion, and _ALL_ drug arguments will be off. I mean, as we all
know, there is _no_ exterminating the humble dandelion. They'd
propagate quickly and once the public caught on, all they'd need to do
for a high is go out into the back yard & pick the pretty little
yellow poseys....

whatcha' think? :-)

It's not nice to fool with mother nature.. but seriously, by
the same reasoning they could introduce something toxic into
the plants as well. I think this whole 'messing with genes and
dna' thing is going to get us in trouble. It'll be interesting,
and that's why people will play with it, but it's going to
create some monstrosities.

We've already had limited experience with introduction of
bio-engineered species into a new habitat, with a sound and
reasoned argument as to why it would be beneficial, and then
watched as entire eco-systems were altered or destroyed in
completely unexpected ways.

Old April 29th 07, 08:02 AM posted to alt.astrology,alt.prophecies.nostradamus,alt.tarot,alt.paranormal.reincarnation,sci.astro
GW Bush: War Criminal[_2_]

Criminal) wrote:

Nationwide Impeachment Protests April 28, 2007
http://www.a28.org/

"George Bush and Dick Cheney have lied the nation into a war of
aggression, are spying in open violation of the law,

snip

Quick q: Is it actually possible to "spy" in _open_ violation of
anything? If you're that open about it, it's not spying, it's
downright voyeuristic eavesdropping.

That was a quote, but the spying was secret before some healthy soul
blew the whistle. Just don't say Abu Cuba CIA Renditions or Suicide in
any poasts...and they already have all your bank data :-)

Not that I think that makes it any better, of course.

I'm old enough to remember when that's wot "The Commies" did. Being free
didn't include "Big Brother"...or torture, another open violation...of
international law, at least.

--
"If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
I've been singing this song now for twenty five minutes. I could sing it

Jupiter - 22 April 2007 reconair Astro Pictures 2 April 27th 07 03:36 AM
AstroPhoto Insight April 2007 now available Al Degutis Amateur Astronomy 0 April 26th 07 11:33 AM
S@H News April 23, 2007 Klaatu SETI 0 April 24th 07 01:07 AM
Saturn, April 5th 2007 Pete Lawrence[_1_] UK Astronomy 4 April 7th 07 05:47 PM