Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 3rd 16, 07:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Another nicer than expected day here in Gresham. Sun is out and it is not raining. Currently 57F here as of high noon. No wind.

Had a nice lunch with Kim yesterday at the buffet. Then home to watch the final game of the World Series, and finish off the Halloween candy! First time in years I've had a television to watch the Series on!

A Gresham homeless man got a short ride in a Waste Management truck when the dumpster he was sleeping in was dumped into the truck! Fortunately the driver heard him screaming and got him out! The housing crises in the Portland area is never ending!

There was talk of converting a county jail, that our brilliant politicians spent $58 million to build in 2004 but have never used, into a shelter for the homeless. A guy made an offer to buy it for $9 million, and it was being considered the the county commission, but he backed out now at the last minute. What a fiasco!

They have a new security guard here at the library, and he seems like a nice enough guy. I'm glad the woman guard the used to have is gone. She was a strict old witch!

There is an article in the current Portland Tribune "Can the local election be rigged?" I arrived at the library a little while before it opened today. One of the guys waiting outside the library reported that he saw one person alone picked up a ballot box from the library! State law requires that two people must be present for all election tasks, so they can watch each other. That ballot box might have ended up in a local swamp for all anybody knows!

And the beat goes on!

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM