Mystery Surrounds NASA's Secret Mission in Africa

Old December 4th 14, 02:38 AM posted to sci.astro
Luke Nichols[_3_]

Default Mystery Surrounds NASA's Secret Mission in Africa

A NASA official recently confirmed that one of the agency's aircraft had been spotted on an American military airstrip in eastern Africa a few weeks ago, but like a series of U.S. military officials, declined to say what the space agency's high-tech bird was doing there.

"I really can't give you any of the details," Jim Alexander, a NASA official with the WB-57 High Altitude Research Program, told ABC News. "You know, the airplane was there, you see it in the picture. But I really can't tell you what it was for."

The broad-winged white plane belonging to the agency best known for putting a man on the moon was photographed by the satellite company Digital Globe back in September sitting next to some tilt-rotor aircraft at Camp Lemonnier in Djibouti, a development reported by the military blog War Is Boring last month.

Mo http://ctcantina.com/showthread.php?tid=2959