A Few Additional pcs of Interest

Old October 20th 04, 02:09 AM
Jonathan

Default A Few Additional pcs of Interest

Do any of these pics look 'ancient' and uncovered from millions of
years of erosion? Or does it look like the water flowed
years/centuries ago?

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L7L7.jpg.html

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L6L6.jpg.html

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L7L7.jpg.html

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L7L7.jpg.html

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L6L6.jpg.html

Here, the odd mineral deposits that are 'standing up' might have formed
if the crater was covered by a thin sheet of ice. You can even see how the
spheres were splashed onto the bank of the little stream!
http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L7L7.jpg.html

And just as an experiment, try this. Just click into these two links below, look
at just the thumbs for five seconds only, a quick glance, then close your eyes
while asking yourself 'is that geology or biology'?

We should trust our own eyes, we should know what life looks like.

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/galle...nity_m182.html
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/galle...nity_m014.html

Jonathan

Old October 20th 04, 07:05 AM
Denis Loubet

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...

Do any of these pics look 'ancient' and uncovered from millions of
years of erosion? Or does it look like the water flowed
years/centuries ago?

I have no idea. I have no idea what matrian soil, under martian conditions,
after a supposed flood hundreds of years ago SHOULD look like. Do you?

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L7L7.jpg.html

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L6L6.jpg.html

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L7L7.jpg.html

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L7L7.jpg.html

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L6L6.jpg.html

Here, the odd mineral deposits that are 'standing up' might have formed
if the crater was covered by a thin sheet of ice. You can even see how the
spheres were splashed onto the bank of the little stream!

http://mars.gh.wh.uni-dortmund.de/me...5L7L7.jpg.html

Or pushed by wind.

And just as an experiment, try this. Just click into these two links

below, look
at just the thumbs for five seconds only,

"the thumbs"? WTF?

a quick glance, then close your eyes
while asking yourself 'is that geology or biology'?

Geology.

We should trust our own eyes, we should know what life looks like.

Do you trust that you know what drops of lava cooled in freefall look like?

--
Denis Loubet

http://www.io.com/~dloubet

Old October 20th 04, 05:11 PM
wbarwell

Denis Loubet wrote:

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...

Do any of these pics look 'ancient' and uncovered from millions of
years of erosion? Or does it look like the water flowed
years/centuries ago?

I have no idea. I have no idea what martian soil, under martian
conditions, after a supposed flood hundreds of years ago SHOULD look like.
Do you?

Looks typically windblown to me.
You see this in desert regions where loose
soil is typical. Pebbles and small rocks
at the surface. The phenomenon is the same
as a can of peanuts with a few brazil nuts.
Shake it enough and the brazil nuts work
their way to the surface.

It can take years, even centuries.
The famous Atacoma desert with its
Nazca lines is similar.
To make the lines, the creators of these
lines simply removed the rocks.

Centuries later, the lines are still visible.

Cheerful Charlie

[...]

Kerry - two medals a silver and bronze star.
Bush? Well they don't give medals
for going AWOL, missing your medical and
getting grounded or falling off of a bar stool.
Kerry - a hero, Bush - a zero

Cheerful Charlie
Old October 21st 04, 01:38 AM
Jonathan

"Denis Loubet" wrote in message ...

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...

Do any of these pics look 'ancient' and uncovered from millions of
years of erosion? Or does it look like the water flowed
years/centuries ago?

I have no idea. I have no idea what matrian soil, under martian conditions,
after a supposed flood hundreds of years ago SHOULD look like. Do you?

Well, let's figure it out. Compare these two pics, but especially the
/shadows/ cast by each. One pic is an active Yellowstone mudpot.
The other an 'ancient' Endurance feature. You tell me?

I see at Endurance a mudpot that has changed virtually zero
since the mud last ...dried up.

Yellowstone mudpot
http://www.nps.gov/yell/slidefile/th...ages/05402.jpg
Endurance mudpot
http://qt.exploratorium.edu/mars/opp...1P2397R1M1.JPG

Jonathan

Old October 21st 04, 01:47 AM
Jonathan

"wbarwell" wrote in message
.. .
Denis Loubet wrote:

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...

Do any of these pics look 'ancient' and uncovered from millions of
years of erosion? Or does it look like the water flowed
years/centuries ago?

I have no idea. I have no idea what martian soil, under martian
conditions, after a supposed flood hundreds of years ago SHOULD look like.
Do you?

Looks typically windblown to me.

Well, here's the thing about that idea. From what I've
heard, to lift a blueberry off the ground would require
near supersonic winds, and then only if something
knocked the sphere off the ground for the wind to
catch.

So if those spheres are wind blown, it would have to
be rather m..u..d..d..y. Then, of course, the mud
would dry up and leave it...exactly...as we see it
now. Looking like dried up mudpots.

The idea Meridiani is some ancient site uncovered by
erosion, leaving behind a lag deposit is well...for those
with 'rocks in their heads'...

Jonathan

Old October 21st 04, 03:24 AM
George

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...

Do any of these pics look 'ancient' and uncovered from millions of
years of erosion? Or does it look like the water flowed
years/centuries ago?

I have no idea. I have no idea what matrian soil, under martian conditions,
after a supposed flood hundreds of years ago SHOULD look like. Do you?

.:\:/:.
+-----------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-----------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs(______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Old October 21st 04, 05:24 AM
Sir Jean-Paul Turcaud

Come on Georgy Boy, this is a completely worn out trick !

Is not your old & slow working brain still able to come up with something
new these days ?
Alzheimer ?

--
Sir Jean-Paul Turcaud
Australia Mining Pioneer

~~Ignorance Is The Cosmic Sin, The One Never Forgiven ! ~~

"George" a écrit dans le message de
. ..

snipped for decency sake

Old October 22nd 04, 01:13 AM
Jonathan

"Sir Jean-Paul Turcaud" mining_pioneer(at)yahoo.com wrote in message

Come on Georgy Boy, this is a completely worn out trick !

Is not your old & slow working brain still able to come up with something
new these days ?
Alzheimer ?

He's right, I am a troll and proud of it~

Old October 22nd 04, 05:31 AM
George

"Jonathan" wrote in message ...

"Sir Jean-Paul Turcaud" mining_pioneer(at)yahoo.com wrote in message

Come on Georgy Boy, this is a completely worn out trick !

Is not your old & slow working brain still able to come up with something
new these days ?
Alzheimer ?

He's right, I am a troll and proud of it~

Get back into your killfile, you troll!

PLONK!