Place to post images as attachments

Old February 26th 04, 02:21 PM
mlm

Default Place to post images as attachments

Is there a good place on usenet to post images relevant to sci.astro and
sci.geo.geology. In my case, I am thinking of images of Mars rocks, but
there will be plenty of geological/astrological images of interest to
people.

Is there a policy against attachments here?

Mark
Old February 26th 04, 06:54 PM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

February 26, 2004

mlm wrote:

Is there a good place on usenet to post images relevant to sci.astro and
sci.geo.geology. In my case, I am thinking of images of Mars rocks, but
there will be plenty of geological/astrological images of interest to
people.

Mars River Blog has forums :

http://www.markcarey.com/mars/discus...n-marbles.html

Space.com has many forums running :

http://uplink.space.com/ubbthreads.php

Also, Habitable Zone has a forum, but it pretty ... conservative.

http://www.habitablezone.com/space

Please, no astrology there. Only astronomy is allowed, lest you be banned
for life.

You need modern web browser for most of the blogs and forums.

Thomas Lee Elifritz
http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net

Old February 26th 04, 08:52 PM
Gautam Majumdar

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:21:11 +0000, mlm wrote:

Is there a good place on usenet to post images relevant to sci.astro and
sci.geo.geology. In my case, I am thinking of images of Mars rocks, but
there will be plenty of geological/astrological images of interest to
people.

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

No specific ng for geology images. But you can post them to

alt.binaries.pictures.misc

Is there a policy against attachments here?

Yes. Text based ngs are not suitable for binaries.

--

Gautam Majumdar

Please send e-mails to

Old February 26th 04, 09:37 PM
Chosp

"mlm" wrote in message
Is there a good place on usenet to post images relevant to sci.astro and
sci.geo.geology. In my case, I am thinking of images of Mars rocks, but
there will be plenty of geological/astrological images of interest to
people.

Tell me you didn't mean to write astrological.

Is there a policy against attachments here?

Yes. This is a text only newsgroup.
Post your images to the alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Old February 28th 04, 03:35 AM
mlm

"Chosp" wrote in news:qQs%b.4023$id3.2306@fed1read01:

Tell me you didn't mean to write astrological.

Right. s/b astronomical, sorry to confuse you. I wouldn't dream of
dabbling in something so un-scientific or kooky in this fine group
frequented by only the purest of scientists.

Is there a policy against attachments here?

Yes. This is a text only newsgroup.
Post your images to the alt.binaries.pictures.astro

Pity. Considering the length and number of text messages about planet
f-ing X, the calendar FAQ, pages of conspiracy theories top and bottom
posted and thousands of '' signs all over the place, I hardly think a
small attachment should cause much concern. But there are always the
righteous folk who have conniptions over stuff like that. Those who
would rule the usenet bless them. They also wake up to tidy up the
cutlery drawer every few nights and buy crates of latex gloves and
compressed air cans at Costco to dust the house.

(Awww, don't get your blood pressure up, I am digressing)

Mark
Old March 9th 04, 06:55 PM
mlm

Gautam Majumdar wrote in
newsan.2004.02.26.19.39.05.346985.3732@XSPAMfree uk.com:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:21:11 +0000, mlm wrote:

Is there a good place on usenet to post images relevant to sci.astro

and
sci.geo.geology. In my case, I am thinking of images of Mars rocks,

but
there will be plenty of geological/astrological images of interest to
people.

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

OK, tried that and here's the rubbish that came back:

"Please do _not_ post readily available NASA images to this group. It's
intended for amateur images and similar."

Poor sensitive souls over in abpa! (Chances are I'll ignore this type of
admonition)

Mark
Old March 9th 04, 11:51 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , mlm
writes
Gautam Majumdar wrote in
newsan.2004.02.26.19.39.05.346985.3732@XSPAMfre euk.com:

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:21:11 +0000, mlm wrote:

Is there a good place on usenet to post images relevant to sci.astro

and
sci.geo.geology. In my case, I am thinking of images of Mars rocks,

but
there will be plenty of geological/astrological images of interest to
people.

alt.binaries.pictures.astro

OK, tried that and here's the rubbish that came back:

"Please do _not_ post readily available NASA images to this group. It's
intended for amateur images and similar."

Poor sensitive souls over in abpa! (Chances are I'll ignore this type of
admonition)

Mark

But why do you feel the need to post images that are available on the
mission web sites? Post a link there, or put them on your own web site
and post a link.
--
Save the Hubble Space Telescope!