Cryogenic Life on Titan?

Old December 24th 04, 10:16 PM
Thomas Lee Elifritz

Default Cryogenic Life on Titan?

December 24, 2004

What do you predict we will see on the surface of Titan, assuming a best
case scenario of a soft landing with an upright attitude and one hour of
good surface data. Any takers?

I say boojums, everywhere.

Thomas Lee Elifritz
http://elifritz.members.atlantic.net

Old December 24th 04, 10:32 PM
robert casey

Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:

December 24, 2004

What do you predict we will see on the surface of Titan, assuming a best
case scenario of a soft landing with an upright attitude and one hour of
good surface data. Any takers?

Probably looks like a lake or river with an oil slick from
a shipwrecked single hull tanker....
Old December 24th 04, 11:18 PM
Uncle Al

Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:

December 24, 2004

What do you predict we will see on the surface of Titan, assuming a best
case scenario of a soft landing with an upright attitude and one hour of
good surface data. Any takers?

Miscellaneous gooey crud at best. Most likely tarry products of
polyacetyene chemistry capped by the occasional cyanide group,
recycled by local tectonics driven by tidal force core heating.
Aromatics would be a big deal. Remarkably boring. You don't get any
biochemistry until you diddle 1,2-diaminomaleonitrile chemistry. As
we say in the lab, DAMN if you do. Not on Titan.

I say boojums, everywhere.

Nothing has ever crawled out of my waste crock - not a single
Democrat, Enviro-whiner, or member of bottommost management. Both the
thermodynamics and the kinetics of anything resembling life below -40
(C or F, your choice) are ridiculous. Reactive stuff is rendered
inert by freezing for a reason.

Nothing but NASA spin will be found. In fact, Uncle Al and his
sensitive bull**** detectors will go one further: Not even oceans of
hydrocarbon muck. Rock covered with less than a foot of goo if that.
A whole lot of not much going in aimless circles for billions of
years. It will look like Alaska after a drunken captain grounds his
oil tanker, less the water.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
Old December 25th 04, 02:30 AM
Mike

Good grief, what an asshole.

And a Merry Christmas to you too, Unc.

Old December 25th 04, 02:50 AM

"Uncle Al" wrote in message ...
Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:

[...]

Why?

Sounds about right to me.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.

Old December 25th 04, 04:45 AM
Androcles

"Uncle Al" wrote in message

[snip crap]

½[tau(0,0,0,t)+tau(0,0,0,t+x'/(c-v)+x'/(c+v))] = tau(x',0,0,t+x'/(c-v))
The ray travels from the MOVING origin of k to the MOVING mirror
at x' and returns to where the MOVING origin of k IS STILL FIXED,
****ing imbecile Einstein and ****ing imbecile Schwartz taken in by it.

Androcles.

Old December 25th 04, 06:01 AM
robert casey

Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:
December 24, 2004

What do you predict we will see on the surface of Titan, assuming a best
case scenario of a soft landing with an upright attitude and one hour of
good surface data. Any takers?

With all those hydrocarbons in the gunk, it
probably will be an EPA superfund clean up
site...
Old December 25th 04, 09:45 AM
George

"robert casey" wrote in message
k.net...
Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:
December 24, 2004

What do you predict we will see on the surface of Titan, assuming a best
case scenario of a soft landing with an upright attitude and one hour of
good surface data. Any takers?

With all those hydrocarbons in the gunk, it
probably will be an EPA superfund clean up
site...

More likely, a waste desposal site. The first load of garbage from Europe is
due to arrive in January. lol

Old December 25th 04, 10:58 AM

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 22:16:56 GMT, Thomas Lee Elifritz
wrote:

December 24, 2004

What do you predict we will see on the surface of Titan, assuming a best
case scenario of a soft landing with an upright attitude and one hour of
good surface data. Any takers?

Probably not very much.