Any SpaceX News?

Old September 3rd 04, 10:41 PM
ed kyle

Default Any SpaceX News?

Last report (in July) was that the first Falcon I was
supposed to go to the Vandenberg pad in September.
Any updates?

- Ed Kyle
Old September 3rd 04, 11:01 PM
Rusty Barton

On 3 Sep 2004 14:41:29 -0700, (ed kyle) wrote:

Last report (in July) was that the first Falcon I was
supposed to go to the Vandenberg pad in September.
Any updates?

- Ed Kyle

Here's a CNN story from August 17:

Private commercial rocket nears flight

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/0...alcon.private/

and an MSNBC story from August 19:

Falcon rocket rides slow road toward flight
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5725500/

That's all that Google comes up with.

- Rusty Barton
Old September 3rd 04, 11:21 PM
Rusty Barton

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 15:01:51 -0700, Rusty Barton
wrote:

On 3 Sep 2004 14:41:29 -0700, (ed kyle) wrote:

Last report (in July) was that the first Falcon I was
supposed to go to the Vandenberg pad in September.
Any updates?

- Ed Kyle

Here's a CNN story from August 17:

Private commercial rocket nears flight

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/0...alcon.private/

and an MSNBC story from August 19:

Falcon rocket rides slow road toward flight
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5725500/

That's all that Google comes up with.

According to this Vandenberg launch schedule,
it may be launched in November 2004.

http://www.spacearchive.info/vafbsked.htm

This article also says November 2004.

http://strategypage.com/fyeo/howtoma...target=htspace

-Rusty Barton
Old September 4th 04, 01:48 AM
Andrew Gray

On 2004-09-03, ed kyle wrote:
Last report (in July) was that the first Falcon I was
supposed to go to the Vandenberg pad in September.
Any updates?

Using the shiny new Commercial Space Watch site...

....or I will be, when it loads...

....my connection seems to be pinging off L5 at this rate...

....aha.

http://www.comspacewatch.com/calenda....html?pid=2276

Date unknown, but an estimated figure of mid-October. Not sure how
reliable that is.