Questar 5 specifications released:

Old April 28th 18, 01:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Questar 5 specifications released:

Interesting. An in-baffle tube field flattener. I'd probably have made it outboard and a f-stop reducer, but this still looks good. Figure maybe $5000 for the OTA and $10,000 for a mounted scope. The mount will likely include modern electronics, perhaps Goto. Scroll near the bottom of the page.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/5...estar-5/page-8
Old April 28th 18, 07:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Saturday, 28 April 2018 02:42:23 UTC+2, RichA wrote:
Interesting. An in-baffle tube field flattener. I'd probably have made it outboard and a f-stop reducer, but this still looks good. Figure maybe $5000 for the OTA and $10,000 for a mounted scope. The mount will likely include modern electronics, perhaps Goto. Scroll near the bottom of the page.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/5...estar-5/page-8

Can I have one with rhinestones, please? Thank you.
Old April 28th 18, 05:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Saturday, 28 April 2018 02:29:50 UTC-4, Chris.B wrote:
On Saturday, 28 April 2018 02:42:23 UTC+2, RichA wrote:
Interesting. An in-baffle tube field flattener. I'd probably have made it outboard and a f-stop reducer, but this still looks good. Figure maybe $5000 for the OTA and $10,000 for a mounted scope. The mount will likely include modern electronics, perhaps Goto. Scroll near the bottom of the page.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/5...estar-5/page-8

Can I have one with rhinestones, please? Thank you.

Premium, American-made telescopes aren't aimed at everyone, just like $4000 Zeiss binoculars, $8000 Leica cameras, $120,000 Mercedes cars, etc.
Old April 28th 18, 07:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Since 3 1/2 inches was too small for astronomy, and 7 inches in a Questar
is outrageously expensive, I applaud the decision to make one in this
size. It may still be too pricey for its aperture for a mass market, but
it should still have a broader appeal.
Old April 29th 18, 06:53 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Saturday, 28 April 2018 20:25:31 UTC+2, Quadibloc wrote:
Since 3 1/2 inches was too small for astronomy, and 7 inches in a Questar
is outrageously expensive, I applaud the decision to make one in this
size. It may still be too pricey for its aperture for a mass market, but
it should still have a broader appeal.

They have no APs? Then let them have Questars.

Old April 30th 18, 12:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Quadibloc:
Since 3 1/2 inches was too small for astronomy...

"Was?" The Q 3.5 is beautiful for the Sun, Moon, and Planets. Birds,
bugs, wildlife of all sorts. Mine (35 years old) did a great job at the
2017 eclipse.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm