SAH not returning WU and serving Fatal Error 100...

Old October 28th 03, 02:51 AM
jon renner

Default SAH not returning WU and serving Fatal Error 100...

I too have just encountered this little mess-up. C'Mon, SETI, give us a clue here!!
Old October 28th 03, 03:31 AM
Randall R Schulz

Jon,

Check out Phil Earnhardt's message in the thread
"Unknown Fatal error: 100" for a recipe for fixing
this problem.

I wonder why this suddenly cropped up now,
after 3.08 has been in use for so long?

Randall Schulz

Old October 28th 03, 08:52 AM
Brian Dickens

Randall R Schulz wrote:

I wonder why this suddenly cropped up now,
after 3.08 has been in use for so long?

Perhaps we all recieved some kind of corrupt WU, which caused Seti@Home to
act this way.

That's the only thing I can think of...

=- Brian Dickens

Old October 28th 03, 12:35 PM
Victor

jon renner wrote:
I too have just encountered this little mess-up. C'Mon, SETI, give us a clue here!!

There was a problem with their database. Have a look at the S@H home
page, the frame on the right-hand side mentions it.

--
25° 45' S
28° 12' E

Old October 28th 03, 03:19 PM
Randall R Schulz

Victor,

I see.

That was not there yesterday, though, when we (that is, Phil
Earnhardt) had to figure it out for ourselves (himself).

Randall Schulz

Old October 28th 03, 07:29 PM
Phil Earnhardt

In article , Victor says...

jon renner wrote:
I too have just encountered this little mess-up. C'Mon, SETI, give us a clue
here!!

There was a problem with their database. Have a look at the S@H home
page, the frame on the right-hand side mentions it.

Their instructions have you delete the result.sah file for the WU that you just
processed.

If you'd rather not throw out that result and are competent at updating a text
file, my instructions in article in the "Unknown
Fatal error: 100" thread will tell you how to fix the WU. If you don't mind
throwing away the WU result, you can just delete the files.

Based on what I found when I googled this problem, this same failure has
happened several times in the past year.

25° 45' S
28° 12' E

--phil